OZTENT RV5 - with fly + extra front room (SOLD)

95RRC

Adventurer
I don't have pictures - sorry but computer got fried.
What you get:
  • RV5 main tent
  • Front room - A+B Panels (no floor) and front
  • Fly and extra poles/ropes needed
What I get: $1000.00

Location - SWFL, near Tampa - will be heading to Northern VA soon so can stop enroute.....email is best - cjgofish at gmail.com

Explorer0863

Adventurer
I am researching ground tents. Due to my age and some medical issues, after many years camping on my Tepui, I am going back to a ground tent. I am not familiar with this brand and model and I will research it, but at that price sounds to me like a good quality tent, which is what I’m looking for.

Google images just showed me a picture of your tent. Could you elaborate on what you mean by extra front room, the condition of the tent, weight, size, your personal experience with the tent and why are you selling it?

95RRC

Adventurer
I am researching ground tents. Due to my age and some medical issues, after many years camping on my Tepui, I am going back to a ground tent. I am not familiar with this brand and model and I will research it, but at that price sounds to me like a good quality tent, which is what I’m looking for.

Google images just showed me a picture of your tent. Could you elaborate on what you mean by extra front room, the condition of the tent, weight, size, your personal experience with the tent and why are you selling it?

Condition = great shape - no issues
Weight = not really sure but I can lift it onto the top of a Defender or Disco roof rack, and i am by no means a young fella anymore :)
Experience = I love it, been through monsoon's at the Mid Atlantic Rover rallys, in the desert in Moab and everywhere in between...if you research it...everyone loves them. I went from a RTT on a trailer to this, for safety for me...getting up in the middle of the night for a tinkle was a PITA (i know there are gatorade bottles)
Selling it = because I don't need something as big...I have two other options
Extra room = the main tent is probably what you see with an "awning" on the front. The extra room takes the awning and makes it a roof and then you can add the two side panels and bingo you now have a an extra "dry" room in the front to store stuff out of the weather...get changed in etc etc so you dont drag mud/stuff into the sleeping part of the tent.

95RRC

Adventurer
Shipping or local pickup only?
I would ship it at your expense...it is quite large (6ft long)....maybe Fastenal would be the best bet - I dont know, but if you research it and pay to ship I would gladly drop it off wherever you want. Like I said I am headed up the east coast Tampa to Wash DC soon, and would stop on the way to meet

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
I have had a Oz RV5 for over 10 years now and I bought it used. I'd say it's 7' long all folded up in its bag. The best tent I've ever used and holds up well to bad weather and little kids. It's not too bad to put up on a roof rack due to the fact it's so long you can put one end up and then slide it up. The fact it's so long does make it a little difficult to carry inside a vehicle unless it's a Suburban or long bed pickup. I had to put mine crossways in my 02 Chevy 2500hd with a 6.5' bed.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I carry my RV3 (6 feet long) on my Front Runner roof rack on my LR. Put one end up then then pivot it. Weighs about 40 pounds. great tents, easy to set up.

Hanging out in Wildwood!

Attachments

• IMG-20210116-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20210116-WA0006.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle