Palomino PaloMini - MULE OFF-ROAD EDITION Reviews?

matt41482

Observer
Has anyone seen this camper in person or have any experience with this brand? I've been searching for a pull behind for the family and ran across this on rvtrader.

111463951_1thumb_770x574.jpg

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2014-Palomino-PaloMini-132FD---MULE-OFF-ROAD-EDITION!!-111463951

99Discovery

Adventurer
I almost bought one the other day. The one I was looking at was a 179bhs to fit my family.

I loved it and the price was decent. Storage is an issue, but they are extremely open for the size because of the wet bath. The off-road tires and lift make it look the part, but the drainage pipes still hang down low. Obviously, due to it's high profile, it's not really an "off-road" trailer, but it will be able to get you around gravel/rutty roads to a campsite if needed.

Again, I liked them a lot, but in the end we bought a used Keystone 19flbwe. It is a tad bigger, so my Disco can't pull it like the Palomini, but I'm planning on upgrading to an LR4/L322 as a future platform, so it falls nicely in line with its tow ratings. It was also much more trailer for the money than the Palomini, which is really quite sparse.

I'd say the Palomini is a poor-mans camp-lite, with some unique features and floorplans.

99Discovery

Adventurer
It's true, but I'm going to quantify that.

The palomino has superior floorplans (IMO) to the camp lite and it also has superior fit and finish. Have you ever been in a camp-lite? I don't think they de-burr anything and a new camp-lite 11 I walked into had the formica peeling off.

One of the palomini's I walked through had an ill-fitting bath door, but that's it.

Camp Lite does have superior materials though. Once you deburr it and fix the kinks, I have no doubt that the camp lite will last longer and it is obviously not going to rot on you.

The only reputation I've heard about Palomino is from the camper world, where internet research seems to reveal that the Palomino pop-ups are solid units while the hard-side campers are generally of a lower quality. But then again, the hard-side market is owned by $30~50k Lances, Adventurers, and Arctic Foxes, so you really aren't comparing apples to apples.

I liked the Palomini enough to consider buying it, if it had tandem axles, I'd probably would have. But the Hideout 19FLBwe fit my needs better and the rest is history. The off-road package on the Palomini is sweet and it's the only way the local dealer in Utah orders them. They look goofy with the sissy non-off road tires. For under $15k brand-spankin' new, it's quite the bargain really.

matt41482

Observer
Thanks for the info! I was very surprised to see a brand new trailer come up in my search for under the 15k mark. And to top it off I really like the looks of the trailer I just wasn't sure of the build quality. From your info it seems like a nice trailer for the price.
Thanks again

timber wolf

This was for sale in Jonesboro ga in August for 9995. The one thing I don't like is it has a drop floor in the middle so you can stand up straight. And no shower. Check out the rpod, similar design.

rebar

Adventurer
Old thread, but right to the point..

Can I assume this trailer is wood stick built? Off road and wood doesnt sound very promising..

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998