Palomino Pause 20.3

We took delivery of our Pause 20.3 a little over a week ago and so far, we love it! It comes pretty loaded, we did opt for the increased solar battery kit.

We purchased from ROA in SC. It was a smooth and great experience, highly recommend Nate and ROA.

We immediately headed west on a month long Griswold family vacation/shake out.

We’ve been in Colorado the last week, primarily dispersed camping above 8,000’. We are headed up to Wyoming/Montana, then over to Oregon coast, down to California(Yosemite & Sequoia), and then back to NC.

I am very pleased with it so far and looking forward to a lot of use over the next few years.

I didn’t see any other threads on the Pause 20.3’s, so feel free to drop any questions in here.

Cheers

MattIMG_5079.jpegIMG_5077.jpegIMG_5040.jpegIMG_5082.jpeg

Matt that is quite a shake down trip! How does she tow? Any sway? Looks like your truck has no problem with tounge weight. Is it over 1,000? Keep us posted on your adventure
Hi Obsessed

It tows great; A little bit of sway with large semi’s, and if I get above 77mph.

I am towing with a Silverado 1500, but I’m a little heavier(7000 pounds) than a normal 1500, with everything(extended fuel tank/ 37’s plus spare/ air bags/etc) and everyone(wife/kid/dogs). I also added an Andersen weight distribution hitch, which definitely helps

I know I should prob have a 2500(or larger), but I really love the 3.0L LMO Duramax. I get 23/24 MPG’s empty on 37’s. I’m getting 10-12 mpg with the trailer. I may step up to a 2500 in the future but it would be for more power. I’ve bottomed out at ~55 mph on some of the higher/steeper passes here in Colorado.

The tongue weight was around ~870 pounds. The overall weight was just about 8900 pounds, that’s fully loaded(water/food/etc) minus a 30 pound propane tank(only had one full when I weighed it.

Cortttt

Hi Obsessed

It tows great; A little bit of sway with large semi’s, and if I get above 77mph.

I am towing with a Silverado 1500, but I’m a little heavier(7000 pounds) than a normal 1500, with everything(extended fuel tank/ 37’s plus spare/ air bags/etc) and everyone(wife/kid/dogs). I also added an Andersen weight distribution hitch, which definitely helps

I know I should prob have a 2500(or larger), but I really love the 3.0L LMO Duramax. I get 23/24 MPG’s empty on 37’s. I’m getting 10-12 mpg with the trailer. I may step up to a 2500 in the future but it would be for more power. I’ve bottomed out at ~55 mph on some of the higher/steeper passes here in Colorado.

The tongue weight was around ~870 pounds. The overall weight was just about 8900 pounds, that’s fully loaded(water/food/etc) minus a 30 pound propane tank(only had one full when I weighed it.
Ha! The baby Duramax! I would have instantly thought you were in 3/4 territory but it sounds like it's working. That's interesting - I'm looking at the Conqueror 19 - which starts at about 6500 lbs and goes up to around 8500 - and wondering about 1/2 tons. I've heard so many good things about the 3.0L. I can totally see why you would want to hang onto it. It seems like its handling 8900 lbs OK.

Congrats on the trailer - it looks like a great trailer! Looking forward to hearing how it does.

Ha! The baby Duramax! I would have instantly thought you were in 3/4 territory but it sounds like it's working. That's interesting - I'm looking at the Conqueror 19 - which starts at about 6500 lbs and goes up to around 8500 - and wondering about 1/2 tons. I've heard so many good things about the 3.0L. I can totally see why you would want to hang onto it. It seems like its handling 8900 lbs OK.

Congrats on the trailer - it looks like a great trailer! Looking forward to hearing how it does.
The 3.0 has been great so far.

I really like the look and functionality of the Conquer 19. I’ve just never seen one in person. What’s your timeline to get the C19?

catalyzer

@willismatt25 nice post. We're talking to Josh at ROA Utah for a slightly upfitted Pause 20.3 for a 48 state / full-timer.

We would love to hear more details about likes, dislike and adventures!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998