Pangea

Deliberate Nomad

The placement of the entry door did not leave enough space for the original 60 gallon tank. Therefore, it was replaced with a shorter square tank. Although the new tank requires less space the square shape gave it roughly 75 gallons versus the 60 gallons in the longer round stock tank. A second smaller tank is mounted between frame rails.

There will be two spares mounted on the rear. They are tucked under the raising roof. This gives more interior space without increase overall length. The winch for lowering the tires is mounted under the cantilevered body.

image.jpg

Keyne

Adventurer
I really like that interior layout. IMO its much better than the side booth dinette I have seen on other GXV vehicles. Such an awesome vehicle. Congratulations!

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
So how is the build going? (or do you have it and you are too busy enjoying it to post up? Which is ok... sad for us, but understandable ;) )

Thanks!

Deliberate Nomad

Sorry for delays. I have been tied up with work and final touches are still being completed on the truck. I finished my job in China today. Back to the US to get the truck and start the adventure. Hope to post pics of the completed truck in nature by early Feb. We cannot wait to take possession and move into our new truck/home and start our new full time adventure.

Below are a couple of interior picks. We integrated some hand made tiles we picked up in Cappadocia on a trip driving around Turkey a couple years ago.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Looks very nice! Congratulations :) Question: The rear wheels look like they don't have much suspension travel left.... Do you have air suspension?

Deliberate Nomad

Keyne,
Thanks for the comment. Since this is our full time retirement home we wanted to make it comfortable.

Victorian,
The picture can be a bit deceiving. We should be fine with the suspension travel as we are not going to do much rock crawling with the home we have on this truck. The Unimog has the original coil spring suspension with extra shocks added.

foxhunter

Adventurer
The interior of your rig is incredible. Absolutely gorgeous. GXV should be very proud of this build. I love your interior design choices. Are you taking it to Expo? If so, get ready to spend all your time giving tours!

Deliberate Nomad

The interior of your rig is incredible. Absolutely gorgeous. GXV should be very proud of this build. I love your interior design choices. Are you taking it to Expo? If so, get ready to spend all your time giving tours!

Foxhunter, thanks for the complements. We plan to be at Expo. Our intention is to go to expo to participate in the training, seminars, and activities, so we do not plan to hang around our truck all day and give tours as though we were an exhibitor. However, I am sure we will meet some wonderful people at expo, make some new friends, and provide some tours to the truly interested and interesting.

I look forward to meeting you in May and seeing you rig. Also, thanks for starting this thread or me to high jack for my build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior