Para Cord Belt

Toyotero

Explorer
I had one like that a long time ago. I didn't like it because it would stretch a lot, especially at the hole where the buckle pin went through.

Personally, I've always stuck with webbing belts. My favorite belt is one that a friend gave me. He's in the Marine Corps, and I commented on liking a green belt that he had on once. He later gave me a tan one, and told me that they are MCMAP belts... since he had gone up in rank, he didn't much need the tan one anymore.

It's a great belt with aluminum buckle; it's nearly indestructible in normal use.

26-02.jpg
200px-MAIC_Black_Belt.jpg

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
No, but tell us how to make one with 2 rings for a keeper and I'll be your buddy.

Something like this?

This one looks like it would not stretch as much, but its more than double the price... but they will "make you a new one for half price if you have to use it in a survival situation." -- kinda makes me chuckle!:coffeedrink:

fire931

Adventurer
never seen the belt one, but acouple of my FF friends around here have made bracelets similar to that.. think one guy said he managed to get like 10ft of paracord into it... pretty crazy.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Not made from para-cord, but I had a belt similar. It didn't work well....liked to stretch and always had to tighten it.
Stuff being made from para-cord seems to be coming popular. search e-bay and you will finf the bracelets all over the place. Some even sell "kits" to make your own.

rynosurf

Adventurer
You could just recycle an old buckle and make it for yourself for next to nothing (just the price of the chord). That knot on the $75 belt is the easiest macrame knot to make, it is just a square knot with chord running through the middle of it.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
What keeps the $75 belt from streching? And once the rings touch do you need to start eating more.
Some belts use 65'-100' of cord depend the size and use one cord construction:sombrero:
Check with the seller, some bracelets and necklaces are made from more then one cord.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Some people are kookoo for para-cord. We sell it by the foot at the store off 3,000 foot spools. Every now and then we get a few guys come in and buy...a few spools!

Lots of "End of Days" people love to stockpile para-cord. When I asked one guy what he plans to do with 6,000 feet of para-cord, he said he plans to use it to barter for food and fuel when "all hell breaks loose." So, that belt has got to be worth at least a bunch of carrots, maybe a gallon of gas for your Mad Max Mobile. :)

Oh, forgot what I was going to say - Bison Belts has a line of belts, keychains and bracelets made of p-cord.

Yudda

Adventurer
I dont own one. But this is the nicest one ive seen.

Ive tied miles of paracord for friends but this guys work is nice and way beyond my skill level.

http://www.bbkbelts.com/prod

Expensive.....but i guess the Ti buckle is unique.

From the site:

Features:

Each belt is constructed using 80'-120' (Depending on the size of the belt) of mil spec 550 parachute / survival cord.
Our patent-pending double wide cobra pattern is exceptionally comfortable and robust, and is rated at 4000 lbs. PSI. This style of belt does not exist anywhere else on the planet, and offers infinite adjustability for the end user.
Grade 5 titanium pin buckle.
Nickel Free Hypoallergenic.
Adjustable to 1/4" increments

This is simply the ultimate everyday belt.

Traveling by air?

Leave your belt on. The titanium buckle is non-magnetic and will not set off most TSA metal detectors, which are set off by ferrous metals.

In a survival scenario?

You now have around 100' of 550 paracord on hand - a significant amount of un-gutted cord that can be used for lashing, snares, shelter improvisation, etc.

Rob

Attachments

• prod_29.jpeg
    prod_29.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 18
  • main_img.jpg
    main_img.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

cruisertoy

Explorer
I'll preface this by saying that I've tied tons of Paracord bracelets and even a leash or two. The thing that kills me is the fact that in most emergencies I've been involved in time was of the essence. Have you tried to untie one of these that has been on your wrist for a year? Dang hard.

I was one of the leaders who took a group of 600 youth this year to Wyoming in early June for a 4 day campout/Pioneering activity. We had storms roll through every night with 60+ mph winds and driving rains that shredded tents left and right. All my gear survived just fine because I set it up properly, but a lot of the other leaders had borrowed Walmart quality tents and didn't tie things down right. I had brought an extra 100' of paracord just in case and used it all with in the first 30 minutes of the first nights storm. I tossed my cord braclet to my wife and had her untie it. The Storm was done by the time she had it untied. I still used it but could have saved two more tents during the storm if it could have been untied quicker. By the end of the second night we had lost 1/3rd of the tents in camp and on the 3rd night we evacuated 300 kids to a big barn because the busses wouldn't make the 45 minute drive from town to our site because it had started snowing. Don't even get me started.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I'll preface this by saying that I've tied tons of Paracord bracelets and even a leash or two. The thing that kills me is the fact that in most emergencies I've been involved in time was of the essence. Have you tried to untie one of these that has been on your wrist for a year? Dang hard.

I was one of the leaders who took a group of 600 youth this year to Wyoming in early June for a 4 day campout/Pioneering activity. We had storms roll through every night with 60+ mph winds and driving rains that shredded tents left and right. All my gear survived just fine because I set it up properly, but a lot of the other leaders had borrowed Walmart quality tents and didn't tie things down right. I had brought an extra 100' of paracord just in case and used it all with in the first 30 minutes of the first nights storm. I tossed my cord braclet to my wife and had her untie it. The Storm was done by the time she had it untied. I still used it but could have saved two more tents during the storm if it could have been untied quicker. By the end of the second night we had lost 1/3rd of the tents in camp and on the 3rd night we evacuated 300 kids to a big barn because the busses wouldn't make the 45 minute drive from town to our site because it had started snowing. Don't even get me started.

Its a good feeling when weather goes down and you are prepared
thumb.gif

This could be the belt for you:)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFyu1ug-au4"]THIS[/ame]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior