Parking / camping spots?

jisa897

Observer
Hey guys,

I have posted this thread on the Central and South America expedition planning thread, but thought it might be useful to have some advice from those already en route.

I would like to know where you stop on the road for sleeping, camping, or simply parking for a few days if one wants to go off hiking??

I can understand there is a safety issue to consider as well as a general comfy/landscape one (WalMart is definitely the last case option).

We will be driving down south from October. Many thanks.

Jisa

landcruiser

In most countries in South America you can overnight at a 24h petrolstation, local truckers do this too. Brazil is especially quite good for this as they all have (free and mostly warm) showers and (free and cold) drinking water available.
I found bushcamping in Peru,Bolivia, Chile,Argentina,Uruguay, French Guyane never a problem.
Argentina has MANY campsites, almost every town has at least a municipal campsite. Uruguay is full of campsites too. Chile quite a few but nto as much as the other 2. Brazil only (mainly) along the coast and in the tourist areas. Brazilian campsites are expensive though, especially during holidays.

jeffsays

hi DiploStrat..thanks for sharing link with us..it's really useful and interesting.it would be helpful...:1888fbbd::Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger