(partially) new Tundra coming?

Watt maker

They keep showing the TRD PRO. Is it possible it could be the only model with coils?

On a side note, I think the title needs to be changed. I don't think this truck will be 'partially' new...

I don’t think the coils will be exclusive to just the TRDP. All the camouflaged trucks have the rear suspension hidden.

rruff

Explorer
I know. That makes me wonder if they were hiding the two different suspension set ups? Who knows. We'll see in 2 years when they finally unveil it.
I expect the Tundra will continue to be a low sales volume truck... which means options will be limited. The coil rear end is for on-road comfort and handling primarily (ideal for the typical use case for full sized trucks in the US), and I think it will be on all the trim levels. The previous TRD Pro just had better struts and shocks; otherwise the suspension was the same as the SR.

skrypj

I know. That makes me wonder if they were hiding the two different suspension set ups? Who knows. We'll see in 2 years when they finally unveil it.

I think the issue is that there is nothing special about the tundra so they dont have much else:

1: 3.5L TT v6? Yeah that was done 11 years ago
2: 10 speed transmission? Going on 5 years
3: 5 link rear axle? Pretty sure ram did that in 2013.

Now those red sway bars. . . That is unique

Fords Powerboost is astonishingly good. Guys on the F150 forum are legit getting 23-24 mpg average. Toyota needs something huge to make a dent

rruff

Explorer
Guys on the F150 forum are legit getting 23-24 mpg average. Toyota needs something huge to make a dent

If downhill with a tailwind counts, I've gotten over 30 mpg with my Tundra... o_O

The 3.5 Eco averages a little over 16 on Fuelly, actually worse than the 5.0L... but 2 better than the Tundra. The 2.7 though averages ~18.5.

D

Deleted member 9101

If downhill with a tailwind counts, I've gotten over 30 mpg with my Tundra... o_O

The 3.5 Eco averages a little over 16 on Fuelly, actually worse than the 5.0L... but 2 better than the Tundra. The 2.7 though averages ~18.5.

My 2.7 is at 20.7 mpg over a lifetime of 73,000 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle