Passed!

DaveNay

Adventurer
Took my tests this morning! I really only studied for the technician license and I passed with only one wrong answer. Then I passed the general licence test barely....26/35. Not bad considering I only ever took about 6 practice tests online and never actually studied. Then I took the extra test and it went as good as you would expect. 18/50. 🤓

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

johnspark

Ramblin Man
Congrats. Welcome to the habit/hobby. LOL. I've really made a lot of new contacts and friends in the last few weeks. I wish I'd done this years ago!

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Wow! :eek:

That's awesome! I was offered the chance to do the General test, but chickened out. Now, I'm wishing I would have at least tried it, because it opens up so much more.
Congratulations! That is very cool. :beer:

DaveNay

Adventurer
Thanks all! Now of course is the waiting for my call sign to appear in the database (and then apply for the vanity that I want)

Congratulations! Ill hopefully be taking my Tech exam in a week or 2. Been studying and taking practice exams almost every day for months! I really want to pass my 1st time around.

Are you able to skip the Tech exam and jump straight to general? I thought you had to take the Tech exam first. Thats probably what Ill do anyways since its what Ive been studying for. Hopefully soon Ill have my own call sign!

DaveNay

Adventurer
Congratulations! Ill hopefully be taking my Tech exam in a week or 2. Been studying and taking practice exams almost every day for months! I really want to pass my 1st time around.

Are you able to skip the Tech exam and jump straight to general? I thought you had to take the Tech exam first. Thats probably what Ill do anyways since its what Ive been studying for. Hopefully soon Ill have my own call sign!

I have seen some people say that it is theoretically allowed to take the exams out of order, but I am not sure I believe it.

What will happen is you take the tech exam, and then it is scored by three VE's. If you pass, then congratulations; you have your tech license pending the paperwork. They will then ask you if you want to take the general exam. Now the process repeats. And then for a third time for the extra exam.

The key is for all this, you only pay the fee for the one day, so the cost to you if you take additional tests is simply another 30-60 minutes of time.

Dazrin

Adventurer
I passed my tech exam and failed the general this afternoon. I didn't study at all for the general so that was expected.

Should have everything ready by the time I get my call sign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998