Passenger friendly laptop mount?

Kiriesh

Adventurer
Hey guys, I see tons of laptop mounts here that look great, but all I can find both here and on other websites seem to be driver-oriented. I prefer driving and my SO prefers navigating so we have a good routine. I've recently started using my laptop more to store PDFs of relevant mapping data, and it'd be great to be able to use it while we're moving (at the moment its stowed away when we're on the move). Does anyone have any passenger-friendly preferably stowable laptop mounts?

FWIW all my devices I have at my disposal are: my iPhone 5s, my iPad 3, my MacBook Pro, and my Garmin Montana 650. The iPhone has a dedicated phone mount on the driver side I use daily which is completely unobtrusive. The iPad mainly just gets used for books and occasionally as a hotspot, I may not even bring it my next trip. The MBP is a new addition to my gear as last year I spend 2.5 weeks without a laptop and discovered making last minute changes to plans using a tablet or phone is incredibly frustrating. The Garmin has proven great for the GPX tracks I find, but it lacks a lot of on-road capability so if we're navigating streets we're usually using either google maps on my phone or some sort of road atlas. I discovered last year that the friction mount for the Garmin is fine on-road but will vibrate itself off my dash as soon as we hit dirt so unless I come up with something better I have plans for a suction cup mount. I'm trying to abide by KISS standards for trips, so I think a laptop and GPS mount would be ideal for 99% of situations. Any input on my setup or if Im going about it wrong is appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998