Passion and Excellence in 4x4

RR1

Explorer
Yes interesting, nothing too exciting as most (all) of those modifications are fairly run of the mill. It has been done before.

He almost sounded like he was the only guy that came up with those ideas, a little odd fellow to say the least.

As his next Troopie camper venture has been already done.

http://www.o-r-b.ch/

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I think this guy just came up with the idea of installing a bull bar, lift kit, tires, awning, tent, and fridge in a vehicle to go offroad. Why didn't anybody else ever think of this before?

4RunAmok

Explorer
Clearly we're not his market...

I'm a do it myself-er.

I think he's looking for people who want it done for them. Sad part is, he'll find them, and they'll pay more for it.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Needs one of those cool drop down kits for the fridge. Short little bugger couldn't even see over the rim!

rsbmg

Observer
There are a few manufacturers, type in foxwing awning in google and you will get a few also on youtube. I like it too except you are kind of anchored to your camp at that point sort of like a rtt. If you plan on just setting up camp and staying it looks like a cool set-up

Flagster

Expedition Leader
he's marketing a product(s) many are interested in...maybe not everyone is looking for his approach for vehicle design and oufit but he is going with it...and we are all watching his video...

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I found his video quite entertaining. He obviously lives in South Africa, and it sounds like the market there gets their 4x4s outfitted at the dealer. What he has done is outside the box there. He has opened a shop that will install anything the costumer wants regardless of who the manufacturer is. No need to poke fun he obviously has found a need in his market.

CYi5

Explorer
Youtubing '4x4forum' will bring up some other videos which are kind of interesting to watch. He has some nice reviews of overseas 4WDs; troopies, G-wagens, Prados, etc. I didn't think i'd see such a harsh reaction on this forum!

Also, anyone recognize the snorkel brand?

RR1

Explorer
There are a few manufacturers, type in foxwing awning in google and you will get a few also on youtube. I like it too except you are kind of anchored to your camp at that point sort of like a rtt. If you plan on just setting up camp and staying it looks like a cool set-up

Thanks.

Foxwing who would of thought, looks like a batwing to me.

RR1

Explorer
Youtubing '4x4forum' will bring up some other videos which are kind of interesting to watch. He has some nice reviews of overseas 4WDs; troopies, G-wagens, Prados, etc. I didn't think i'd see such a harsh reaction on this forum!

Also, anyone recognize the snorkel brand?

Harsh? I didn't think so, of course I hang out with a tough crowd of smart arses.

Just seems like the guy is trying reinvent what already has been done...long ago. Maybe I have been around too long...

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Seems to me that he is marketing to a crowd that will be impressed by the PR more than the product. Like many other companies it is more the way you present it than anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger