Past the point of no return...

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Truck Nutz???? An owner with flowing, golden locks of hair??? Chrome trucker girl mudflaps??? I don't know about those things but some pictures of it and it's owners in a trip report would be a pretty cool thing to me. If only there were a place on the internet for sharing that sort of thing... :ylsmoke:

zolo

Explorer
LOL, all good thoughts and one of them is pretty close....

Oh man what was it again? TEQ......something or another.

I heard once of a place on the internet to tell stories and post pictures of 4wd trucks doing cool things but I cant remember that either....

Man my memory sucks.

upcountry

Explorer
The letters "EE" come to mind.

LOL, all good thoughts and one of them is pretty close....

Oh man what was it again? TEQ......something or another.

I heard once of a place on the internet to tell stories and post pictures of 4wd trucks doing cool things but I cant remember that either....

Man my memory sucks.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Not much new besides the usual maintenance and recent changes in my routine, updated with a couple of additions and two pending modifications (auxiliary fuel cell and on-board hot water).

Naturally with crappy pictures...

Removed the OEM double DIN unit for a single DIN JVC. Using the new found single DIN space below the HU I was able to place a few switches ala Box Rocket.

CIMG1439.jpg

The (Contura II) switches - moved up my FR and RR locker switches for easier access, in cab control for my rear bumper mounted utility light and added a relay so it comes on with reverse lights, switch for in-cab red LED night light, control for LED rock lights, auto-pilot switch; behind the shifter is a LED digital auxiliary fuel tank gauge (in the ash-tray space); and below that are switches for the auxiliary fuel tank transfer pump and the water pump for on-board hot water.

Below is the 19 gallon fuel cell for behind the rear axle, placed between the frame rails, that I haven't been able to install before the trip to OX12.

CIMG1425.jpg

Box Rocket

Nice work on the switch panel! Looks well done. You must have got that idea from someone really really smart. ;)

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Simply.....well done. Nicely thought out and executed. Seems to do all you want. Makes me re-think my avoidance of a SAC....

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Thanks! Now I'm thinking of a new power-plant. I was lusting after a 1KD for a long time, having diesel frenzy after watching so many threads cover the subject. I'm pretty well convinced now that the juice isn't worth the squeeze. A customer brought in a 1UZ to mount in a FJ40 and it got me thinking again... the engine is so small and it's a 4L. Heck, the 2UZ is a 4.7 and isn't much bigger and has twice the HP and TQ as my 3RZ. Reports from some on the web are that this engine (or even and LS1) is giving them 24-30 mpg after the engine swap (when they can keep their foot out of it.) Don't get me wrong though, the 3RZ is a great little engine, especially off-road, but for all the highway miles between point A and B, it should we be great to have a little more power.

trump

Adventurist
Thanks! Now I'm thinking of a new power-plant. I was lusting after a 1KD for a long time, having diesel frenzy after watching so many threads cover the subject. I'm pretty well convinced now that the juice isn't worth the squeeze. A customer brought in a 1UZ to mount in a FJ40 and it got me thinking again... the engine is so small and it's a 4L. Heck, the 2UZ is a 4.7 and isn't much bigger and has twice the HP and TQ as my 3RZ. Reports from some on the web are that this engine (or even and LS1) is giving them 24-30 mpg after the engine swap (when they can keep their foot out of it.) Don't get me wrong though, the 3RZ is a great little engine, especially off-road, but for all the highway miles between point A and B, it should we be great to have a little more power.

Couldn't agree with you more.

onelow1ton

Adventurer
Dang I got to see this truck in person today and when I left I was kicking myself in the *** for not getting back outof my truck and walking over and look at it and talk to you at ipor ! Bad *** truck , I was there ramping my truck to get a base # before I start my sas . Hope I get to see that truck again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman