Patch Panels

Quill

Adventurer
Does anyone sell a rear quarter panel patch piece? I need one for my 92 DLX. I have found fenders, door skins, cab corners, extended cab pieces and the wheel arch itself but only one lower rear quarter panel piece and that was from Wolf Steel and
I have heard bad things about their products from reviews at the Yota forum. Thanks folks.

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
I'd heard bad things about Wolfe also. The other two options I pondered was fiberglass for one, and a donor for the other. I lucked out and found a 4runner that had been wrecked 20 years ago, and other than the front end being gone fron a collision with a train, the rest of the body was perfect.
If I wouldn't of found this, I would have ordered the fiberglass panels from up in Canada. I've heard great things about them. From fit, to long term not having to worry about rust reoccurring, to ease of install.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quill

Adventurer
I would shoot for fiberglass if I needed a full quarter panel. I just need a piece from the rear of the bottom of the wheel well to the box corner. I can fab one but there is a crease in the top, then you have about 3 inches of the wheel well and the whole piece has a bit of a curve. Ready made patch just requires cutting of the bad steel and carefully welding in the new piece with very little hammer and dolly work.

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
How bad can the Wolfe stuff be? I'm assuming it would be easier to start with a patch panel that requires a little bit of massaging that start from scratch? I usually get my patch panels, fenders, etc from www.crosscanadaparts.com, they've never been perfect, but the price is usually pretty good.

Like dorton said, www.toyotafiberglass.com is always a good option for full bedsides ;)

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
I've heard the Wolfe quarters come in three pieces, and they are bad enough that when people get them, they just throw them to the side as they are more work to make acceptable than what they are worth.

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
I've heard the Wolfe quarters come in three pieces, and they are bad enough that when people get them, they just throw them to the side as they are more work to make acceptable than what they are worth.

I guess the other option is taking a battery powered sawzall to the junkyard and cutting out what you need.

Quill

Adventurer
I live in no mans land. I have checked for other boxes on CL. Mine really isn't bad enough to replace. Another thing I didn't like about Wolf's is they are 20 gauge steel. Not very good for a spot that can get wapped by a large stick flipping up after running over it. This is my first Toyota and I thought parts would be easy to come by. It has a good topper to use in the winter or I would shoot for a flat bed. Yeah I could build a flat bed to hold the topper but it's a pretty cheesy look for a daily driver.

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
I guess the other option is taking a battery powered sawzall to the junkyard and cutting out what you need.

yvemu9e8.jpg

Good times

bimmeryota

Observer
Speaking of cutting out, there are a lot of people that cut off their perfectly straight and rust free bed sides all the time in so cal for long travel. I've seen so many just tossed a few years back but these trucks aren't as subject to this treatment as much any more since they are getting more rare and people are preferring the Tacoma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears