PathAway GPS Express for iPad

Holger

Observer
Whenever we talk about navigation on the iPad we talk about Gaja, MotionX and Mudmap.
How come that nobody ever mentions PathAway. It is brilliant. It is the only program I use (by now).
I also travelled around Australia with PathAway for Palm and it worked excellent. (there is a Andoid, Symbian and Windows Version as well). Support is great, there even is a support forum and a full manual)
Besides the normal download maps ala google, bing etc. it allows you to use all other sorts of maps, you can actually create your own,or scan and calibrate your own. Many of you will have a desktop program like TTQV (Quvadis), Fugawi or Ozi Explorer and bought heaps of maps over the years. You can use them all with PathAway. I use Quvadis (TTQV) and export my maps from there directly to PW on the iPad. If you don't use any of these program's PathAway provides you with a free desktop program to change your maps into the PathAway format or to calibrate your scan. This a screenshot of Hema's Great Dessert Tracks bought as CD and then exported to my IPad. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341109868.791158.jpg
To make that clear,I have no affiliation with PathAway of any sort, but wonder why everybody spends hundred dollars plus on mudmap while having unused maps on the PC? Or am I the only geek out there with a Desktop Navigation Program with a couple of GB worth of maps?
So let's talk PathAway, any other users out there?
770c5dce-1d33-4a3e.jpg

Last edited:

Holger

Observer
Have a look at pathway.com:
This is what they write about onlinemaps:
WebMaps - Download Internet maps on-the-fly
Web Maps allows you to download maps on-the-fly from a Map Server on the internet. Maps will be downloaded in the background and displayed on the screen as they complete downloading. Maps are cached, so downloading only needs to be done once. Maps currently supported:
Google Maps: Worldwide street, satellite, and terrain maps.
Terraserver-USA Maps: USGA Topographic and aeriel photo maps. Covers USA only.
OpenStreetMap.com: User contributed Street Map Community. Covers most of World.
OpenCycleMap.com: User contributed topgraphic and terrain maps. Covers most of World
ArcGIS World and USA Topos: Free Topographic maps provided by ArcGIS
Natural Resources Canada Topos: Free Topographic maps provided by NR Canada
FAA USA Sectional Charts: USA and South Ontario Aeronautical charts provided by the FAA.
X-Traverse (coming soon): Map sets provided by http://X-Traverse.com. Mainly topographical and marine charts.

Otherwise get your own!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78