Pathfinder Aluminium Skid Plates for 05+

RakkasanFA

Observer
CoastalDefender said:
Clue me in. I am well aware of the KMA problems, but want to know more about the Shrockworks problems some have been having.

Crappy customer service. I was promised at least 4 dates and not one phone call or email to let me know it wasn't gonna happen. For me, a phone call or email goes a long way.

The last straw was when I explained to him that I had just returned home from Iraq and I would be moving down to Ft. Benning, GA so I would need the bumper. Mind you, this was 10 or 11 weeks after the order and he told me they would be starting it that day. I needed the bumper since I wouldn't have an address to send it to. So he promised me it would be done before I left but they wouldn't be able to powdercoat it. I settled for that and 4 days after the supposed ship date I emailed him to find out they were still "working on it."

They STARTED building the bumper 11 weeks after I paid for it. That just seems a bit absurd. I know it is "custom stuff" but that is a bit crazy. I feel like they got an 1100 dollar no interest loan.

That is the reason why I LOVE when other companies produce stuff for our trucks.

Now I am giving KMA a shot at making me happy. They are 2 hrs from Benning so I can just go pick it up/have it installed. We will see how that goes...

silentsamurai

Explorer
Just for those who are interested in KMA customer service. Even though I don't own a single product from them, I am one of those people who ask a million questions first, then buy. I email'd Kyle at KMA on a saturday mind you, and he reply'd that weekend!

Adam: Thank you for the inquiry. We usually ship to California two to three times per week. Freight to 92867 would run $130 to a commercial address, $262 to a residential address, or $130 to terminal in Bloomington (about 40 miles away). You could mount lights on tops without ordering the light bar. You'll just need to drill a couple of holes where you want to mount them. The bumper only (non-winch mount bumper) is $420. Regards, KyleKennesaw Mtn Acc Inc.

i asked him about payment, or if they have plans, he reply'd again in a quickly matter stating that they would gladly take half the payment first then charge you the rest the day they are going to ship your product. That sounds reasonable to me.

Sorry to go off-topic from skid's to bumpers, but just wanted you to know how much i like their customer service.

Adam

silentsamurai said:
Sorry to go off-topic from skid's to bumpers, but just wanted you to know how much i like their customer service.

Adam

Last fall I was in serious negotiations and bouncing ideas off him. A major power-outage that killed 1/2 our state put a HUGE dent in my funds designated for the Bumper, and only recently am I getting the funds back together.

However, he DID entertain all my thoughts and questions, and was very patient. I actually feel damn bad about not ordering, but other necessities presented themselves at the time that took priority.

And at *about* $900 for the Multi-Carrier bumper, I'm sold on it before the Shrockworks. And because I need a rear bumper fairly bad right now. lol

Oh, and my sympathies for being at Benning. Spent my entire enlistment there.

Back the regular thread, sorry for the hijack. :coffeedrink:

mcm4090

Explorer
Since the topic has turn to bumpers, are the bumpers from Asfir also aluminium?

dbimage.jpg

dbimage-1.jpg

mcm4090

Explorer
silentsamurai said:
Nice Find Mike! Thats A Beauty! Looks Like You Have To Cut Some Fender Though.
No cutting needed.The front clip is removable. On the SE and NISMO the front bumper and the front clip are separate but on the LE the front clip and bumper is one piece.
d40_620-3.gif

RakkasanFA

Observer
mcm4090 said:
Since the topic has turn to bumpers, are the bumpers from Asfir also aluminium?

dbimage.jpg

dbimage-1.jpg

Wow.... I like that look a lot..... Too bad I already placed an order with KMA.... Where can I get one of those?

RakkasanFA

Observer
CoastalDefender said:
Oh, and my sympathies for being at Benning. Spent my entire enlistment there.

Back the regular thread, sorry for the hijack. :coffeedrink:

I at Benning for Airborne School in 01 so I got a little preview. I am only gonna be there for 6 months for OCS and BOLC II. I am trying to get back to Ft. Carson where I was for 2 years.

mcm4090

Explorer
The Bumper is made by ASFIR. They also have rear bumpers, sliders, and skids for your truck.:chowtime:

http://www.asfir.com/customize/?maker=33&model=210&category=2438

Here is their North America contact info.

Name: Asfir Inc
Warehouse & Sales Office

Address: 16B Mashamoquet Road (RT.101)
Pomfret Center
CT 06259
USA

Phone: 1-877-4XASFIR * 877 492 7347 * 860 963 0230
Fax: 860 963 2567
E-Mail: sales@asfir.com

Name: Asfir Inc
Head Quarters

Address: 7827 E. Nestling Way