PAY BACK — T100

black t100

I just read through this thread and I too have joined just to comment. I had to laugh because i had the same problem with my blower motor wiring as you just yesterday! I ended up going with a Napa unit. It is just a bit louder than the stock Toyota, and in my opinion, puts out more air. I plan on mounting my CB the same as you. It looks extremely clean.

ONE LOVE

Observer
I just read through this thread and I too have joined just to comment. I had to laugh because i had the same problem with my blower motor wiring as you just yesterday! I ended up going with a Napa unit. It is just a bit louder than the stock Toyota, and in my opinion, puts out more air. I plan on mounting my CB the same as you. It looks extremely clean.

Hey Black T-100
You should throw on a pic of your rig. The CB mount is clean, but I would get a stubby antenna if I did it again. The tall antenna has a lot more range, but it drags on everything you pull under... especially parking garages. The blower I got is pretty loud, I wish that I would have just put in the Toyota blower as FJR Colorado suggested. Thanks for posting up a comment. Can't wait to see your truck.

ONE LOVE

Observer
Where do you put your dirtbike?!

I demand The Old Man drives! The cap can be a pain for hauling. I like that it keeps gear dry or whatever, but not being able to haul a bike around stinks. I am trying to pick up a used factory tow hitch to throw on.

TimmiT

A pic of mine. I too have the cb installed in the ashtray location. Swapped the K40 out for a 2 foot firestick. Also installed a winch behind the bumper.
jubyna3y.jpg

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

ONE LOVE

Observer
A pic of mine. I too have the cb installed in the ashtray location. Swapped the K40 out for a 2 foot firestick. Also installed a winch behind the bumper.
jubyna3y.jpg

Those sliders are dang nice. Your truck looks clean. You should do a write-up on the winch install. I have wanted to do one behind my bumper too. It looks so clean and you don't lose any approach angle tucking it in like that. I had steel wheels on my truck when I first got it too. It was lighter upgrading to a 33" BFG and aluminum wheel than keeping the 31" on the steel wheels. My gas mileage has still suffered though. LOVE your truck TimmiT.

TimmiT

Those sliders are dang nice. Your truck looks clean. You should do a write-up on the winch install. I have wanted to do one behind my bumper too. It looks so clean and you don't lose any approach angle tucking it in like that. I had steel wheels on my truck when I first got it too. It was lighter upgrading to a 33" BFG and aluminum wheel than keeping the 31" on the steel wheels. My gas mileage has still suffered though. LOVE your truck TimmiT.

Sliders are from Rocky Road. They are nice. Good lines and protection. I put them to good use the first day out with them. The winch was a fun project. I will be doing an article for it in TCT Magazine. I will have a HAM radio install in the first issue, so I think the winch will be in the second. I put together a plate design, and had to do some bumper mods to get it to fit. There is not much room behind the bumper, especially for the size of the Superwinch installed.

ONE LOVE

Observer
Sliders are from Rocky Road. They are nice. Good lines and protection. I put them to good use the first day out with them. The winch was a fun project. I will be doing an article for it in TCT Magazine. I will have a HAM radio install in the first issue, so I think the winch will be in the second. I put together a plate design, and had to do some bumper mods to get it to fit. There is not much room behind the bumper, especially for the size of the Superwinch installed.

I will be all over that article. Could you put a link for it up on here so I can find it? I don't know what TCT Magazine is, but it sounds like I need to! Anyway, super nice truck, thanks for posting it up.

ONE LOVE

Observer
What was the trick on getting the air ducts so clean?

I used a steam cleaner to blow the vents out and followed up with rags or a tiger tail duster. Then I sprayed Lysol through the system adjusting through the defrost, floor and dash settings. It sure made a difference.

ONE LOVE

Observer
Well the day has come fellas...I have to sell the T-100. It is a fourth car for my wife and I and she wants a house. T-100=downpayment. Question is, what can I sell it for? Any ideas? It now has 193,000. Still clean, still solid, still has a rip in the drivers seat... Any suggestions would be appreciated. Plus, I still want more pictures of fellow T-100 owners rigs on this thread.

seanpistol

Explorer
Compare on KSL... It's going to be the highest priced T100 on there seeing as how clean it is and how well set up it is. I feel like at least $6,000. Maybe 7? Start high, Utahs love to pay too much for things in good shape.

Last edited:

ONE LOVE

Observer
Ha ha I wish that were true! I put it on KSL. There have been 3 that were posted from $7,000 - $7,600 that have sold since mine has been up. I can't understand it. I have mine currently priced at $6,800. I thought it would sell in a day or two at that price. Thanks for the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman