Pebble trailer

DFNDER

It’s obviously not made to go anywhere off pavement, but if they can actually deliver these things for $110K - $125K as advertised, that’s pretty amazing. A lot of wattage and technology for that price. Now if they make one that could take beating. The thing is far too civilized for my taste, but it’s pretty darn impressive if they pull it off. https://pebblelife.com/

plh

Explorer
not sure how this could meet FMVSS, but from their list of open jobs... looks like I'd be qualified for several of them. No thanks.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
A neighbour's run-of-the-mill, Indiana-made 25ft junker recently lost two side windows due to him not noticing a protruding tree branch while pulling into a provincial campsite. I can only imagine the scope of damage that this trailer would incur in the same situation. While the neighbour was able to source a few replacement windows in a matter of days, what would the repair process look like on this Pebble trailer? Worth thinking about before dropping $100k.

The Pebble's axle is also way further forward than most North American trailers; that thing will sway like mad at highway speeds.

gendlert

A neighbour's run-of-the-mill, Indiana-made 25ft junker recently lost two side windows due to him not noticing a protruding tree branch while pulling into a provincial campsite. I can only imagine the scope of damage that this trailer would incur in the same situation. While the neighbour was able to source a few replacement windows in a matter of days, what would the repair process look like on this Pebble trailer? Worth thinking about before dropping $100k.

The Pebble's axle is also way further forward than most North American trailers; that thing will sway like mad at highway speeds.
I wonder how much of the battery weight is forward of the axle. Weight distribution fore/aft of the axle is more important than length distribution, if I'm not mistaken. Also, is the sway thing still going to follow the same physics when it's under its own power? I haven't thought that all the way through yet. The moment would change with the powered axle, right?

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
I wonder how much of the battery weight is forward of the axle. Weight distribution fore/aft of the axle is more important than length distribution, if I'm not mistaken. Also, is the sway thing still going to follow the same physics when it's under its own power? I haven't thought that all the way through yet. The moment would change with the powered axle, right?

Powered axle will likely change things, yes. How - I honestly don't know. Is that axle actually powered while being towed, or only powered when disconnected, in a parking lot?

Having weight forward of the axle is critical, but so is axle position relative to the overall trailer length. I had a trailer with a "more central" axle position, like this Pebble, and it was outright dangerous at a mere 110kph. I had to do significant modifications to improve it, including extending trailer length (thus making the axle further back relative to overall size) and adding hundreds of pounds of weight on the tongue.

Reactions: plh

DFNDER

This is one entertaining peanut gallery. I’m sure they haven’t thought about sway at all. And people back into trees all the time with their 100K trailers. Must happen every day. I guess it’s fun to poke holes in every new thing that comes along.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
This is one entertaining peanut gallery. I’m sure they haven’t thought about sway at all. And people back into trees all the time with their 100K trailers. Must happen every day. I guess it’s fun to poke holes in every new thing that comes along.
It seems like people back into more stuff with the more expensive trailers.

This one is less than a year old.

Attachments

• IMG_7294.jpeg
    IMG_7294.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I saw a recent marketing vid on the pebble. The trailer was remotely moving forward to mount to the ball hitch. It went to far forward on the ball. The clip did not show it being lowered. I bet anyone a beer that when it lowered it caught locking mechanism of the coupler and wouldn't hitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior