pelican010%20038.jpg

pelican027%20010.jpg

1650:
kitchen001%20005.jpg

1550:
pelican030%20016.jpg

1610:
pelican034%20091.jpg

really, I just need to think outside of the box some more, and I am sure I'll find more things to fill up my Pelicans.

hochung

Adventurer
I've had bundles of firewood come undone while strapped to the roof rack. Here's an image from my rookie days:

DSC00094.jpg

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Here is a shot of my Pelican 1600 kitchen. I finally got sick of bending my expensive pots so I used a Pelican case to store the following. 4 plastic plates(blue), 4 plastic bowls, 2 Lexan cups, a complete pot set including a fry pan below the pots. I use a rubber pot holder to protect the teflon on the lower pan between the pots. The bottom right slot has a long handled lighter as well as the pot handles and a couple of ladles. There is a Black Diamond Apollo light on top of the plates. The bowls actually go inside the pots but for the photograph I pulled them out. I also have a square cut out behind the Lexan glass ware for (2) two ounce Nalgene bottles with soap and hand sanitizer(not in the picture). The overall idea is fantastic. My only complaint is not having a small stove inside it as well. I am currently using the Partners two burner stove from AT. I might just add a small Jet Boil to this kit.

P1020272.jpg

Oh and some of you might be asking were is the silverware. I carry that separately in the green Outdoor Research padded case. This makes sandwiches and quick meals a breeze.

P1020152.jpg

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
I wanted to revive this thread - I know...it's a dead thread, but it's better than cluttering the board with more Pelican talk!

I use a 1550 for all my cookware/kitchen (except stove, food and fuel), a 1550 for my non-refrigerated food. I have a 1650 for my scuba gear, which maybe be recruited when I go adventuring for something else....who knows!

99wj

Adventurer
I wanted to revive this thread - I know...it's a dead thread, but it's better than cluttering the board with more Pelican talk!

I use a 1550 for all my cookware/kitchen (except stove, food and fuel), a 1550 for my non-refrigerated food. I have a 1650 for my scuba gear, which maybe be recruited when I go adventuring for something else....who knows!

thanks for bringing the thread back!

i have only 1 case right now, its the old school kind, the impossible to open ones haha :) i have in it: mobile radios, maps, gps unit, random first aid stuff. everything else is in ammo cans and 2 custom water tight 1/8" steel boxes. Soon im getting the EMS 1600, and 2 new 1550's i guess ill have to figure out what to put in them :)

Viggen

Just here...
I have 2 1500s full of recovery gear. One for ropes and such and the other for the heavier chains and snatch blocks. Everything else goes into mil surplus Hardigg cases. One is a kitchen box. The other houses the camp stove.

I did just finish a Pelican humidor. Havent gotten the photos up on the computer yet though. Lined with Spanish cedar and has a hygrometer.
Alexandria-20101219-00008.jpg

Last edited:

BAH

I have a 1560 for my tools and a 1510 for spares and filters. As a helicopter mechanic I have travelled a lot overseas and find the Pelican cases last longer. The biggest thing is, they do not look like toolboxes. I have seen a baggage handler take the extra time to lift my old metal toolbox up and let it drop onto the conveyor...guess he liked the noise it made. I used to spend the first couple of hours at a camp, just repairing my old toolbox's. Another friends first indication of his toolbox destruction came when the individual tools started coming down the slide in the baggage area of the airport. He bought 2 pelicans the next day.
I also have a 1550 for recovery gear and a 1200 for my camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior