penthouse top or flip pac for ful size blazer?

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
anyone ever heard of something like that or built one? i have searched and searched and other than a chalet camper i have found nothing.

Clutch

<---Pass
You could probably graft on a Flip-Pac like a couple of the Toyota 4Runner guys are doing.

7485229472_a38db1e8b2.jpg

or a Four Wheel Camper

IM001764.jpg

sixbennetts

Adventurer
We've got a tgb11 arriving august 7th from Coatex AB in Malmo Sweden. Adventure Trailer's Mario Donovan DONATED the top and tent parts for us to make this:

TgbFlippac.jpg

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
that what i was thinking of doing but my plans far exceed my technical abilities. i just cant decide if i want to try this with a blazer or a 4runner.

sixbennetts

Adventurer
Well, 1st problem I see for you is structural integrity at the hinge. See, the Volvo has a seam between the cab and rear section. This will serve as a mounting point for my FlipPac hinge. You'll have to reinforce your roof above your sun visors.

I think you'll have to let the FlipPac roof dimensions help you decide, unless you wanna make your own roof section.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
on the blazer i envisioning the hing on top of the cap. using the hard bed cover for the top but im still try t iron down the concept

Cody1771

Explorer
i think it depends on what you want to do with it, while a camper is cool it kills it for anything else you want to due, a flip pac leaves the whole bed still usable.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
well it doesn't really mater for now guys thanks for the input but my suburban transfer case just took and dump, so now i got to price the rebuild and or replacement. so much for the microscopic mad money now, it always something isn't it.lol

sixbennetts

Adventurer
well it doesn't really mater for now guys thanks for the input but my suburban transfer case just took and dump, so now i got to price the rebuild and or replacement. so much for the microscopic mad money now, it always something isn't it.lol

Wait, does your truck read this forum? :coffee:

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
you know on second though i could just do the suburban, but i really wanted a second vehicle, as to not break the family ride. guess ill search the forums for a pop top burban or penthouse one. just to get a feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan