James Pierce

Adventurer
Thanks Guys!

Lid and Rack are "Done" for now.

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

In an effort to avoid metal rubbing metal I used rubber isolation bushings between the basket and roof rack as well as the tent.

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

To attach the fire wood rack I installed blind nuts to the bottom of the tube prior to powder coating. I had planned on trough bolting it but wanted to prevent any water from making its way into the tubes from the top.

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Looks great white and black...and yes, the wheels on the trailer look awesome like that. I am beginning to rethink the whole black wheel thing now....again...

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Someone snapped this picture of James with this rig behind his JK this past weekend. Looks Awesome behind the truck!

23871_538054319540129_925756417_n_zps7709412e.jpg

Good on you James! The top and rack are super!

Flashole

Adventurer
I'm interested in the recessed tie downs in your tub. My trailer has those, but most of them are rusted beyond repair. As of right now, I've cut them all out and plan on welding in patch panels, but if I could find adequate replacements, I'd be happy to go that route. I like the idea of having tie down points. Anybody have source for those things?

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
I'm interested in the recessed tie downs in your tub. My trailer has those, but most of them are rusted beyond repair. As of right now, I've cut them all out and plan on welding in patch panels, but if I could find adequate replacements, I'd be happy to go that route. I like the idea of having tie down points. Anybody have source for those things?

Aren't those drain plugs, not tie down points? Maybe I'm thinking of something else......

James Pierce

Adventurer
A few weeks ago we spent the weekend camping in the Ozarks. It was a good test run for Pepe. A couple issues I will need to address.

1) The wheels rub the fenders. I suspected they would. New fenders just got moved to the top of my list.
2) With the fire wood loaded on the top I need to adjust my gas assist springs to do a little more assisting. Fortunately I purchased an extra set of mounting brackets just in case.

Here is a pic of us on our way to camp.

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179