Photo Theme for 3/10-3/17 - Contrast

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
Here's the rules:
~Picture must be taken after the theme has been posted.
~New Themes to be posted every Monday.
~Polls to be posted Tuesday after all entries have been received.
~No photo editing allowed, other than cropping or resizing. (slight re-touching is OK, but must not alter the integrity of the original photograph - AKA = turn into artwork as opposed to a picture)
~One entry per person.
~Take a photo of what the theme represents to you.
~If you want your submission voted on, it must be posted by the following Monday (24:00 Midnight Pacific Time) of the week the theme was posted.
~Post your EXIF data if you would like to, it will help us all learn about the photo settings used for different types of pictures.
~Do not post original sized images, due to viewing on the forum will be difficult.
~The poll winner can give a theme to be placed for the next week's theme.

Theme: Contrast

Last edited:

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
So the opportunity arose for me at work today to get a sweet picture, so I did :)

I just wish I had brought the XTi with me instead of the sony. It came out pretty sweet none the less.

Here is my entry (will post more from today below cuz they are cool)
only editing is flipping and resizing
sparks.jpg

exifdata_sparks.jpg

other pics

DSC05348_small.jpg

DSC05345_small.jpg

DSC05340_small.jpg

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I'm not even sure what constitutes contrast but here are two examples of contrast. Light and dark and new and old. I am a very amateur photographer with hopes of getting better.

Last edited:

dallasrover

Adventurer
kellymoe said:
I'm not even sure what constitutes contrast but here are two examples of contrast. Light and dark and new and old. I am a very amateur photographer with hopes of getting better.

The trees and mountains is very nice, I like that one. Good eye.....

viatierra

Explorer
Okay, this is disqualified for several reasons... Primarily because it is over a year old and the photo credits go to Articulate. But I had to share a nice image of contrast.

185870436_6b834a7ee7_o.jpg

BTW: I dig these photo contests. GREAT idea! Only one week is pretty quick for an amature snapper like to to participate other than by voting. Keep it up!

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Greg,

Great image of contrast. As father of two young kids I can fully appreciate it:bowdown:

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
One week is an OK time frame I think. I'd be open to change it to 2 weeks if the majority votes that way tho! :)

It forces us to get off our lazy hineys and do some snapping :) LOL

Some weeks we may not be able to participate (like last week I didn't and I organize this shindig LOL).

And as far as contrast (or any theme): you take it as literally or figuratively as you want. It lets you make the picture yours and be creative all in one go!

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
I should take a picture of the Guinness I'm sucking down now, it's very contrasty,....... or at least it was.:friday:

Taken right before leaving work today.
Parking-2-1.jpg

geodasher

Observer
contrast entry

Contrasting light, positions and personalities.

cats-window.jpg

Camera: Olympus Stylus 770 SW
Focal length: 6.7
FNumber: 3.5
Exposure: 1/50 sec. (auto)
Date & Time: 03/13/08, 1:18 PM DST

Michael Slade

Untitled
kellymoe said:

Maybe...but you have a kick-******** 130, so that makes up for anything else. :punk03:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan