OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
BigAl said:
ttiwwop.gif
:costumed-smiley-007
LMFAO that is SOOOO appropriate!

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Let me throw in my vote that any digital post processing be allowed that would happen in the same way in a wet dark room.

Una, I completely understand what you are trying to achieve, but personally I am far more interested in a picture as it was visualized by the photographer, not captured by a sensor. I would guess the majority of the forum members shoot raw and you are then comparing who has the best profile. Let people at least control the color or mandate that all images be in black and white.

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
LOL now that you guys h0red up the wrong thread about this ;)

I will change the rules to allow retouching. Minimally.
There is to be no crazy editing going on in these pictures.

I can visualize alot of things, and need a camera to get the image to work with.. but in the end I would consider the finished product art, as opposed to a photograph.

So just make sure what you submit is a photograph and not artwork created by you. Make sense?

Good!

OFRD_GRL said:
LOL now that you guys h0red up the wrong thread about this ;)

I will change the rules to allow retouching. Minimally.
There is to be no crazy editing going on in these pictures.

I can visualize alot of things, and need a camera to get the image to work with.. but in the end I would consider the finished product art, as opposed to a photograph.

So just make sure what you submit is a photograph and not artwork created by you. Make sense?

Good!

Lol, good to go:victory:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Scenic WonderRunner said:
Hum.........

Sounds interesting and fun.............

But If I am made to run out and spend $50+++ bucks in gas just to take pics for this fun contest during the "Time Limit" ......which kinda means nothing...............that aint so fun!

I have 1,000's of pics to share.............

But.........

I pass.............

Because I can't share them!

Oh Bugga Me..............!

One of the points of these types of "contests" is to get people out *there*. Don't go on a special trip just for a photo....go on a trip. Share a photo when you get back. If you don't have anything that fits this week....no problem. No one said you have to submit a photo every week....

Oh, and this thread is really pathetic. Here we are in the photography forum, this is about the last post on page #2, and still not one darn photo.

Photog

Explorer
Una,
This is an excellent challenge. It should drive folks to learn how to properly set up their camera's settings for saturation, sharpness, etc. Then how to properly use filters, and vignettes during the shoot.

Old School.

EXCELLENT!!!

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Alright, since I'm the big mouth I decided to go for a walk tonight and come up with something.

Wild: Marked by extreme lack of restraint or control.

So here's my "artistic" expression of WILD! I'm standing in a snow covered field, with street lights in the distance. 13 second exposure. ISO was at 400, Aperture was at F4.5. My point here of course, is, that not everything creative or artistic has to be done in photoshop. That's not to say the pic is any good though. LOL
1of1-1-1.jpg

We'll use the one above as my submission, but while I'm being creative here's another from tonights walk I'll call "Reaching for wisdom.":elkgrin:
1of8-1.jpg

Last edited:

alvarorb

Adventurer
Wild Caffeine Withdrawal

I took this pic Monday at our local coffe house.

http://www.oldsoulco.com/

oldsoulcoffe.jpg

No retouch. Just as it came from my iPhone.

BTW, Old Soul makes great bread and pastries. If you are in the Sacramento area, this is a place to check out.

Alvaro

CYi5

Explorer
fireworksSmall.jpg

Wish I could take personal credit for it, but this was during a trip to Pismo Beach with friends.

alvarorb

Adventurer
CYi5 said:
fireworksSmall.jpg

Wish I could take personal credit for it, but this was during a trip to Pismo Beach with friends.

Beautiful shot. But, it was taken back in September 2006. Does that count?

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
TO CLARIFY
YOU must have taken the photo to enter the contest thingy.
(like my technical terminology?)
Picture must have been taken after theme was posted.

geodasher

Observer
Wild entry

blood moon
wild in winter sky
saturn watches

lunar-eclipse.jpg

Camera: Olympus E-330
Focal length: 150
FNumber: 4.5
Exposure: 2 sec.
Date & Time: 02/20/08, 7:46 PM PST