Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

jim65wagon

Wild Crow (Tacoma) and the CrowsWing (teardrop) enjoying the Mojave National Preserve

7f95da9753a1baf29bd6c39ddb9f3ac5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

bartheil

As the weather is below a hundred, it's time for exploring. We took Zebra 71 on a 5-day camping trip - 4 wadis in 5 days.

Attachments

• DSC09144 (1).jpeg
    DSC09144 (1).jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0884 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0884 (1).jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0907 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0907 (1).jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0910 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0910 (1).jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0977 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0977 (1).jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0990 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0990 (1).jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26

clarkbre

This is my first post here and just want to share my project truck. My grandpa bought this Ranger new in '98, my aunt had it from '06 to '22 and the transmission failed on it in '14. It sat in her driveway and garage for about 8 years when I retrieved it in Sept. '22.

Since then, my kids and I have rebuilt the suspension, brakes, changed to manual hubs, installed driving lights, modern Android Auto/Apple Carplay stereo, raised the front end 1.5" to level the truck, added 15x8 wheels with 31x10.5 tires, added a Weatherguard toolbox, resealed the rear window, restored the electrical system and have done a ton of cleaning.

Specs: 1998 Ford Ranger Supercab XLT 4wd. 125,252 miles, 4.0L V6 engine, 5 speed automatic transmission (will be replaced this spring).

My goal is to build it for running the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) and other forest service type roads. Once it gets going with the new tranny, I'll be adding to it for overland adventures.

How it currently sits:
Front Q.jpg

The day I got it in Sept. '22. The topper fit poorly as it was made for a Chevy Colorado. I sold it soon after.
20220910_112723.jpeg

MisterNoisy

Is that a Wheat Combine I see in the background?

My 19 ZR2

View attachment 772258
Nice! Is that the Bestop Supertop on the bed? I've been eyeing one for my '23 ZR2 and would be curious as to how you like it if so - I like the idea of being able to drop it to use the truck for 'truck stuff' but leave it up for weather resistant storage the rest of the time.

Thread tax, though this is literally from the day after I bought it. Still planning out what I want to do to it:

IMG_20240128_112550509~2.jpg

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Nice! Is that the Bestop Supertop on the bed? I've been eyeing one for my '23 ZR2 and would be curious as to how you like it if so - I like the idea of being able to drop it to use the truck for 'truck stuff' but leave it up for weather resistant storage the rest of the time.

Thread tax, though this is literally from the day after I bought it. Still planning out what I want to do to it:

View attachment 822931
I like it a lot, especially on the small truck. I don’t know if I have talked about it much, in my “Build Thread” for it. It was $700 on sale when I got it from their website, they do some good sales. I think they have gone up in pricing since then. Dont install it in the cold haha

https://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/yettis-19-zr2-zelda.240404/#post-3121379

But check it out, and it may answer some of your questions. Would I do it again on a small truck, yes. Would I do it on my (next)full size, probably not.

When I was in Reno, I could easily run down to Battle born and pick up a pallet of equipment, by just folding the top over. Made access easy. Its not 100% water tight, and have spent plenty of time in rainy downpours. But it keeps gear pretty dry, and I would not hesitate to sleep in the back if it was raining and I needed to do so. The front corners where the tracks meet have some small gaps, I will try and get pictures and update the thread on it today or this weekend. I could seal them with foam, or silicone. But the dog likes to keep her nose there for sniffs when driving and helps with some airflow back there.

The dog loves it. When it’s hot, I can roll up the sides and back, and just have the top covered. I did install grommets and some paracord and clips. As Besttop just recommends zipping the panels completely out.

bartheil

Urban off-roading with Zebra71.
Dubai got 2 inches of rain in 24 hours. Almost lost my numberplate twice and ended up with 1+ inch of water inside the cabin (fording about 25-30 inches of water).
The only things that are not working yet, a day later are the power window switches on the front doors. The rest is working normal.

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1707.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1706.jpeg
    IMG_1706.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1704.jpeg
    IMG_1704.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

assquatch20

1000032953.jpg

Just getting started with this thing. 2011 4x4 5 speed 2.9 I4 with 80k miles on it. I've already had a 2wd that's otherwise the same truck for about 5 years now but it's got 230k on it. Gonna swap my camper from the 2wd to the 4wd truck, deal with a potential exhaust leak, save the frame with something for rust before it gets too bad (came from Seattle) and then focus on fun stuff like tires, a roof rack, ham radio and so on

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
View attachment 823822

Just getting started with this thing. 2011 4x4 5 speed 2.9 I4 with 80k miles on it. I've already had a 2wd that's otherwise the same truck for about 5 years now but it's got 230k on it. Gonna swap my camper from the 2wd to the 4wd truck, deal with a potential exhaust leak, save the frame with something for rust before it gets too bad (came from Seattle) and then focus on fun stuff like tires, a roof rack, ham radio and so on
Just saw this on the pick up truck thread over on ADVRider. Good looking truck!

bartheil

Urban off-roading with Zebra71.
Dubai got 2 inches of rain in 24 hours. Almost lost my numberplate twice and ended up with 1+ inch of water inside the cabin (fording about 25-30 inches of water).
The only things that are not working yet, a day later are the power window switches on the front doors. The rest is working normal.
Three days later, the window switches are working again. I think the car needs to keep drying out for a few more days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior