Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

ExplorerTom

Explorer
d8af89831adbb8446e64cdae0900d9fc.jpg

But occasionally it gets stuck:
a5342323dfe2b26476c6d03d1b48015f.jpg

Going through an area that was burned in 2002:
6F203575-3802-4EF3-A404-C33429C61999.jpg

The mountains in the background use to be covered with trees. As a kid, I camped with my family all the time in that area. Sad to see it gone.

swick

went out to KOH this last week for volunteer work and testing. the trip was around 600 miles with about 80 dirt miles.

This is RAD!! Screen Shot from the latest KOH teaser video.

Last edited:

Browneye

Quote Originally Posted by Repo503 View Post
There is a Colorado replacement coming soon. This will be a world truck and has been confirmed for sale in the US. There will also be an SUV bodystyle on the same platform (Trailblazer replacement)
Attachment 77701
That looks hideous.

Amazing what happens in just a few short years....just picked this one up two weeks ago...

FLoffroad1

Observer
Nice. I hope the new Colorado/Canyon turns out to be perfect - we need more options and R&D for non-fullsize trucks in the US.

jbrooks19

Observer
Nice. I hope the new Colorado/Canyon turns out to be perfect - we need more options and R&D for non-fullsize trucks in the US.

That is why i love my Blazer... I'm a Chevy guy and since they did away with the S-Series Blazers there hasnt been a decent mid-size SUV/Truck IMO. The new Colorado looks promising, especially if they put a SUV on the same platform.

20150131_150622.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
That is why i love my Blazer... I'm a Chevy guy and since they did away with the S-Series Blazers there hasnt been a decent mid-size SUV/Truck IMO. The new Colorado looks promising, especially if they put a SUV on the same platform.

As a Chevy guy as well, I hated the pair of 2nd gen S-blazers we had. IMHO they ruined the s-platform from the first series. Still have one 1st gen (reg cab long bed plow truck) and want another first gen blazer(had 3). However, GM made a smart move and dumped the platform after the 2nd gen fail, for a better stronger mid-size SUV with the 360/370 platform.

Anyway...back to pics like this post is for.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
GM does have a SUV sitting on the Colorado/Canyon platform it seems to get decent reviews in Australia. If the Canyon/Colorado does well it might be enough to get GM thinking the SUV would have a good chance to be successful also. Though personally I'm done with the SUV thing once we no longer need the seating for 5+ I want to sell the 07 Sequoia which is a great machine and get a proper 4dr truck with locking rear end etc. I'm doing a whole lot of reading on rig weights and thinking what my ideal use would be given the midsized rigs with more than one or two people sporting a FWC are nearly over loaded vs say going F150 would be enough but I don't like the size and even find the 4dr long bed Tacoma to be too long for my interests.

So that whole debate would I be a light packer and be happy with that thus a 4dr Tacoma, Colorado/ Canyon or Frontier work? I would like it too given I enjoy smaller packages and the freedom they give you vs going big and dealing with the up side of not fitting into places etc.

ExplorerTom

Explorer

13f4cc3196c3a2c9042ebbdb5152367f.jpg

In approximate chronological order:
4.56 gears
2" body lift
Welded sliders
Shackle lift with torsion bar crank
33x12.5r15 BFG AT tires and 15x10" wheels
Custom front plate bumper with receiver and shackle mounts and "stinger"
Custom rear bumper with swing out with tire carrier and Jerry can holder

Then it got serious:
Dana 30 from a '97 XJ that was trussed and gusseted with Eaton Trutrac and Solid diff cover
F-150 steering box
Spring over axle conversion in the rear using Chevy 1500 63" leafs
Adjustable Rancho shocks in rear
Eaton trutrac installed in rear with Solid diff cover
Manual transfercase from a 4 cylinder Ranger
Front driveshaft is roughly a '98 Jeep GC that's had the axle tube enlarged and wall thickened
Rear driveshaft was rebuilt using 1 ton u-joints and a larger tube with thicker wall and a lower count spline shaft (I forget... 16 splines now vs 29 before?)
Jeep TJ sway bar disconnects from JKS
ARB drawers
Uniden CB radio
KC Daylighters

Jcrayton99

Observer

View attachment 272687

I take it you havent seen any of the 2000s Trailblazer/Envoys lifted...

10251891_775273105865420_5890267191997882496_n.jpg

Edit: How did I miss your post Kyle?

Jcrayton99

Observer
I can't complain about the I6. It's got V8 power in a smaller package. And comparing the base model trailblazer with basically a trailblazer SS isn't the fairest thing ever haha

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Inline six is bout 300 HP and I get 16 mpg w 35 inch tires. Pretty impressive engines compared to most six cylinders. The 6.0 has power but loses too much mpg to be worthwhile for expedition type rig. No low range transfer case as well.

I would love to have a lowered SS or Aero for street fun though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears