Picked up a 2001 Honda XR650R...

RacerAV

Super excited! Wish I never sold my last bike. A Husky TR650.

BUT this thing needs some love. Leaking forks. Leaking coolant around the head. Super squishy rear shock. Most lines and cables are rough.

There’s a place called XRs Only a couple hours from me. Might take it there Friday. But worries about costs mounting.

Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

doug720

Expedition Leader
Before you decide, call Chris Blais Racing. Former racer who does great work, and is located very near XR'x Only.

XR's Only sells lots of parts, but Chris knows motorcycles.

760-961-9127

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Of all the machines I have had, I miss my 650R the most! it was without a doubt the best all terrain vehicle ever built! nothing like embarrassing harleys on the street then ripping the trails in the same day! enjoy it and don't ever let it go or you will regret it as soon as it is gone!!

nomad_games

I have one. Just swapped in a new-to-me motor this weekend. Toasted the crank bearing in the old one. Took it out on some two track yesterday

IMG_1160.jpg

They're awesome dual sports. absolutely slaughter anything like KLR or DR when it comes to the dirt. Great on the street, too, @NevadaLover is right about embarassing Harleys. A bit high strung and buzzy for long highway rides, though. IMO, the bike is best on open fast dirt (like the Baja riding it was designed for). I'm not a great dirt rider so it's a bit much bike for me when the trails get tight, technical, or loose rock. But I'll hang onto it and get a smaller bike for more technical trails rather than sell it.

RacerAV

I have one. Just swapped in a new-to-me motor this weekend. Toasted the crank bearing in the old one. Took it out on some two track yesterday

View attachment 457825

They're awesome dual sports. absolutely slaughter anything like KLR or DR when it comes to the dirt. Great on the street, too, @NevadaLover is right about embarassing Harleys. A bit high strung and buzzy for long highway rides, though. IMO, the bike is best on open fast dirt (like the Baja riding it was designed for). I'm not a great dirt rider so it's a bit much bike for me when the trails get tight, technical, or loose rock. But I'll hang onto it and get a smaller bike for more technical trails rather than sell it.
awesome picture... hoping to take a few like this soon! the pig is at a shop now, getting all fixed up. wish i had the time to do it myself but i'll ride a lot more if i can get a jump start on the thing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears