Pickup Trailer Beds

jeeper92

Adventurer
I cant find any of these for the life of me!!! Look for an 8 foot bed, with axle and cap. Anyone help me out??????????

tag187

Observer
Junkyard for the bed and axle (you could also get the axle from northern tool) and craigslist for the cap. That's what I would do.

njtaco

Explorer
Where are you, and what size truck do you want the trailer to be from? There are often truck bed trailers on craigslist for about $300-$400. There is at least one for sale right now around New Jersey with a cap included.

ETA: I see you are around Philly...are you interested in a M416 that needs some work? I have one I'm getting ready to sell.

Edited again to add: http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/cto/1206245412.html Not mine, no affiliation, etc.

The ad:

Really Good Utility Trailer & Cap - $350 (Sweetwater, Mullica Twnshp.)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-06-05, 2:20AM EDT

This was converted from a Ford F-150 bed. Has a high-rise cap with windows. Tires are oversize. Must be seen. Call cell #: (609)204-9130.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Last edited:

jeeper92

Adventurer
Wow thanks for all the responsed

How large is the datsun bed? is there a cap?
I relaly like hte one in jersey. I also found one on ebay for 450 told the guy id give him 300 if it doesnt sell. I can never find them when i do searches on craigslist. Id like to get one and have it set up by july 17. I will paint it nad add things inside as the year goes on. Right now i just wnat teh bed with the cap and a little air matress in it. Any other links owuld be great, thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!

njtaco

Explorer
I can never find them when i do searches on craigslist.

Try this...

Download Mozilla Firefox (free)

Go to crazedlist.org

Disable referers like they ask (be VERY careful here)

Decide how far you want to travel, and check the boxes for those areas

Save search settings

And have at it!

Don't forget to go all the way back the 45 days when searching...the oldest ads are most likely to come down in price!

jeeper92

Adventurer
How much?>

What work needs to be done on the trailer? How much? Tires good? Ready to roll? Lights?
WHere are you located?

FreeManDan

Adventurer
Pick request: truck bed trailers

I was considering starting my own thread about truck bed trailers. My granddad wants to give me his old one, but its rusted crazy. I was about to post a pic request of truck bed trailer builds, because I’m thinking about building my own.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I was considering starting my own thread about truck bed trailers. My granddad wants to give me his old one, but its rusted crazy. I was about to post a pic request of truck bed trailer builds, because I’m thinking about building my own.
The "C.U.T." (Cheep Utility Trailer) that a friend & I built from essentially scrap parts.
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/ntsqd/Suburban/?action=view&current=IMG_0285.jpg
Pic is huge so I left it as a url.
Frame is cut and extended 2WD IH 3/4t pick-up that was given to my friend as a whole truck, springs from same. Bed is a CUCV bed, also given to us. Axle is a custom using early 19 spline Dana 60 outers (diff casting and axle shafts cut off) and a piece of large OD steel tube left over from a Demo Derby car. Axle holds about 3 gallons of gear lube. Shocks are Monroe Circle track racing medium/mediums.
Trailer has been stability tested to 85 mph on a San Felipe run.

jeeper92

Adventurer
hey

I need to get a pickup bed htats already made with a cap on it. My fabrication skills are good enough to create my own

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
No progress as of late, but I have PLANS !!!
24v6sgi.jpg

Extend-able draw-bar...
34rt1tg.jpg

Welded home... transition from frame to tongue...
iohe10.jpg

Lots to do...

Curt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan