Pickup Trailer Beds

jeeper92

Adventurer
Curt

I am picking one up tom. I think it may be the same make and year, looks exactly like yours. I have to get it, "somewhaT" campable by this saturday for the jeep show. What are your plans for the interior"? I have a little rust on mine. Any suggestions on how to attack the rust?

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
I am picking one up tom. I think it may be the same make and year, looks exactly like yours. I have to get it, "somewhaT" campable by this saturday for the jeep show. What are your plans for the interior"? I have a little rust on mine. Any suggestions on how to attack the rust?

Mine is an 89 longbed... which is approx. 7' the short bed 6' bed is a little short for my fat/tall ********... all Comanches look the same... I'll be losing the shell and starting with just the truck bed.
This build thread has a couple ideas that I'll hopefully be working towards...
He did a nice job... http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23783
My hopes is to sleep 4 adults & to be able to stand up in the center... I've got a LOAD of ideas I just need to get some ambition... 114* temps. suck it out of you quick... as to the rust I've really never had to deal with it cause I live in the desert... just surface stuff if any at all. Many seem to like POR-15, I imagine if it's real bad then a patch section would need to be put in... I'd clean it as best I could then some rust inhibitor (??) and see if there is enough to work with or patch time...
Keep in-touch and throw some picts. up as it progresses...

Curt

jeeper92

Adventurer
thanks for the response

Im going to keep the cap and just lay some plywood down over top the wheel well. I will use the above for sleeping and the below (wheelwell) area for storage. O am using it for weekend rips with the kids and some tailgating. Im going to take it to the local shop and have some rims and tires matched up next week. I plan on hooking up a battery and being able to use a land line. i dont have the ability that some of you have sooooo itll be really basic

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
Im going to keep the cap and just lay some plywood down over top the wheel well. I will use the above for sleeping and the below (wheelwell) area for storage. O am using it for weekend rips with the kids and some tailgating. Im going to take it to the local shop and have some rims and tires matched up next week. I plan on hooking up a battery and being able to use a land line. i dont have the ability that some of you have sooooo itll be really basic

There is a company that makes a air mattress for beds of trucks (truck bedz?) that might work nice... removable... some comfort... need an air source ??

I'm think'n at least one batt. also... I'm not having much luck locating two more wheels so I'll need to get 7 at some time in the future...

Curt

jeeper92

Adventurer
I gonna use

three inch matress foam that i saved from one of the trailers i ripped apart. Gonna frame out the inside with 2x2 wood , three rows then particle board over the top ging to hinge the back two sections and the front that way I can store everything underneath. iVE BEEN BRAINSTORNMING AND LOOKING AT THIS SITE ALL NIGHT. So im pretty excited. Im drivign and hour to pick the trailer up, i hope its not in terrible conditions and i hope its easy to register it. I will post pictures tom night/late night:victory:

jeeper92

Adventurer
Early DAY TOday

Got up at five and completed the following
1. Wired lights
2. Secured Hitch
3. Power washed trailer (looks completely different)
4. Built a bed in the back of trailer (5x8 area)
5. Installed screens on two of the side doors, should be sufficient cross breeze
6. Loaded everything up for the All breeds Jeep show tom.
7. secured license plate
I will post pics of the trailer and the show when i return on Monday. My wife has the camera down at the beach with the kids.

Things i need to do
1. Electric in trailer (extension cord aint gonna cut it)
2. redo bed in truck to incorporate trap doors for storage
3. Sand outside down and paint to match jeep
4. matching rims (go nice with the jeep)
5. get lights for license plate
6. Paint cap
7. Some sort of swivel tv to the tv, that folds up when not in use, can use it tailgating adn while laying in trailer
8. A car stereo? not sure bout this on, need a boom box for tailgating, thinking of one of the pep boy cheapys
9. Padding on the flloor, some sort of all weather carpet, sleeping on the mdf is gonna get old

any other suggestions?

Thinking of adding a water sink in there with a little drain out the back, for late night water and btushing teeth in morning. im thinking pvc piping may do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior