Pics of your bike on your vehicle!!

Jwood70

Observer
Here is my old setup. 2x6 with a fork mount in the bed. Now, I have the fork mounts attached to the tool box.

These pics were taken the day after my last camping trip. North Carolina winters are truely unpredictable

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient

Running a standard Thule system with fork mount trays on the STi

I posted some pics earlier in the thread with fork mount pics on my Cruiser. When we aren't doing super technical stuff on a trip I use a Thule hitch mount rack for the bikes. They also go inside the rig if the weather is lousy as well. Nice to have options for various trips.

Geek

Observer
Externally we use a Thule swing away rack

DSC01327-XL.jpg

i-J22JC7v-XL.jpg

Internally the bikes mount onto the 8020 interior framework (which happens to be all apart in this photo)

i-gsvXhs5-XL.jpg

...or if we have the dirtbikes along we'll put the mountain bikes on the 3rd rail between the dirtbikes

i-Prvkr76-XL.jpg

i-NbCKq4p-XL.jpg

Last edited:

YoTerryH

GTRV camper conversion van with bikes

2001 GTRV with Yakima Swingdaddy rack. Works well for swinging bikes away for rear door access.
GTRV1.jpg

I have since added a front hitch receiver and a Thule Doubletrack. I made a couple trips with an old Rhodegear trunk mount rack on the front with a kid's bike mounted there, but it was not stable. The Thule allows me to haul two bikes up front and two on the Yakima on the rear, which loads much easier with just two bikes.
GTRV2.jpg

What we really want now is a rear cargo carrier plus bike rack on the rear with the ability to swing away from the back of the van. I saw something similar at Phil's Trail Complex in Bend, OR this past weekend that looked homegrown.
rack & storage 1.jpg
rack & storage 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78