Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Just got the van back from getting a Van Compass Stage 1 Topo 2.0 kit with replacement Opti-Rate leaf springs. Plus the standard FALKEN WILDPEAK A/T4W LT245/75R16 E tires. Drove it back from Truckee just now to home in SF and it felt great. My needs are to haul my Moto on the back so I went with the leaf springs too.

Tomorrow I'm installing a rear tire carrier because the spare doesn't fit under the van anymore.

Before (it was so overloaded and the suspension was so tired it was almost riding on the bump stops)

After

and.. Rear tire carrier added today

Last edited:

Farfrumwork

Made it out of the Front Range of CO last Wednesday before Snowmageddon 2024 fully hit (16-20" in Denver/Boulder, and 40"+ in the foothills) on our planned trip to Durango/Purgatory ski area. Van load of my wife, 21yr and 14yr old sons, our Boston, and myself.

We encountered HEAVY snowfall and woefully unprepared vehicles as we made our way slowly westward, but eventually popped out on the western slope where it was just flurries. Slept at the Edwards rest area (just west of Vail), then on to Purgatory Thursday to our Airbnb.

1AM with the trucks in a packed rest area. We have reflectix insulated panels for the pop-top, and an Espar diesel heater - comfy for the 'kids' up top.
Edwards Rest Stop.jpg

Good sign humor at the rest area. lol
sign.jpg

Friday AM we were greeted with a fresh dump. ~12-14" at the cabin (18+" on the ski hill! :cool: )
Fri AM snow dump.jpg

Some of the best riding I've had for a couple years! Luck was on our side this trip 🍀
Grill_Hermosa Cliffs.jpg

So glad to have studded snows for events like this (Hakka LT3's)!

Spencer for Hire

Just got the van back from getting a Van Compass Stage 1 Topo 2.0 kit with replacement Opti-Rate leaf springs. Plus the standard FALKEN WILDPEAK A/T4W LT245/75R16 E tires. Drove it back from Truckee just now to home in SF and it felt great. My needs are to haul my Moto on the back so I went with the leaf springs too.

Tomorrow I'm installing a rear tire carrier because the spare doesn't fit under the van anymore.

Before (it was so overloaded and the suspension was so tired it was almost riding on the bump stops)

After

and.. Rear tire carrier added today
Is that an extended version? Thank You

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan