revasa5e.jpg

ra2enevy.jpg

ugysu9a5.jpg

e4u7e4y9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkitchen

Explorer
Mo's DR 650 and my KLR

If I knew how much fun these bikes are, I would not have purchased my Victory. The Victory is great on long road trips but these bikes are just a romp.

2ztedte.jpg

I had to lower Mo's DR quite a bit but we got it to a point that she is comfortable with it.

5czqfn.jpg

Here is a picture of the Victory as we were getting ready to take off on a Northwest tour. We covered a lot of pavement miles and we made most of those miles two lane roads. With the weight of the bike, the two of us and all our gear, the bike was over 1400 pounds and it was very wearing on long curving roads (the roads that I like). Though I don't think that the thumpers would be a good choice for such a trip, I am wondering if I would be better off with two bigger dual sports for such trips. I am very new to motorcycles and have never driven anything other than big cruisers till we bought these two DS bikes. I thought all bikes handled the same but that is certainly not the case. Cruisers are great for highways but miss the mark on small paved roads and I am not comfortable at all on dirt roads, probably more to my limited skill, than the bike's abilities.

mn2tyg.jpg

I just might have to add a bigger DS to the collection.
Mikey

ihatemybike

Explorer
I am not comfortable at all on dirt roads, probably more to my limited skill, than the bike's abilities.

I just might have to add a bigger DS to the collection.
Maybe add a smaller Dual Sport to practice with on dirt roads. Bikes like my KE can run 55-60 on flat ground and their sub-200 lbs weight make them pretty easy to pick back up should you drop it in the dirt.

NotiersFrontiers

Great west adventure '14

IMG_3748.jpgIMG_5357.jpgIMG_3622.jpgIMG_4063.jpgIMG_3760.jpgIMG_4426.jpg

This was an awesome trip around the rockies for a guy and gal from IL.. First of many adventures. I even proposed to the lovely girl pictured here while in Yellowstone. She rode 3,600 miles sitting right behind me..

waterboy222

Adventurer
rtRrz9D.jpg

My '14 KTM 1190 Adventure. I didnt like the way the "R" felt, the majority of my offroading is dirt roads and fire roads so a full blown dirtbike didnt fit my style as well. Ive since added a rear box (jc whitney cheapo), heated grips, cruise control, tkc 80's, touratech expedition skidplate, KTM lower engine guards, Touratech upper crash bars, touratech GPS mounts, 3 different windshields depending on the weather, touratech windshield extender, wolfman soft luggage, touratech headlight protector and a couple of phone/ipod mounts. Getting ready to ship her to seattle and ride the PCH home across the white rim at grand canyon..

Cabrito

I come in Peace
2007 DL650 V-Strom

The latest ADV addition to my stable.

Edit:
First road trip was a smashing success.

Last edited:

KLRTim

Observer
My KLR 650 with Saddle Bags finally fitted

Here is the latest pic of my 05 KLR 650 with Anaconda Saddle Bags fitted to my Home made Racks.:ylsmoke:

Attachments

• Latest1.JPG
    Latest1.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman