Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

skibum69

Okay, I take it back... I need those carbon fiber tank guards! Very nice!

did I send you Chris' email to get a set? Mine paid for themselves the first time I dropped it on the fire ring in that pic a few posts earlier:hehe:

Battey

95 Yamaha XT350....Adventuremini

IMG00526.jpg

IMG00527.jpg

flux

Observer
did I send you Chris' email to get a set? Mine paid for themselves the first time I dropped it on the fire ring in that pic a few posts earlier:hehe:

Sounds like a good story involving the fire ring! :sombrero:

No, I haven't gotten anything about how to get a set of those. If you have contact info that would be awesome!

Battey, nice XT. Don't see many 350's around! :bike_rider:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
I've been wanting a 640 as it'll be better than my XRL for 2 up riding.

i am wondering how you came to that decision? i owned an 03 640 and it was the same as all the other big thumpers in that regard. i rode with my wife on the back of my old KLR and the 640 and the cagiva elefant, all the same to me. she doesnt ride on the ATK as its just not set-up for a passenger.

CLynn85

Explorer
Not totally an "expedition" bike, but more of an "adventure" bike. This is my first dual sport and despite the street oriented tires that are on it currently, it's a BLAST. 2000 Super Sherpa with 5800 miles.

4449672998_479a58647c_b.jpg

deadly99

Explorer
A work in progress

I've been building this bike up over the winter in pursuit of the ultimate overlanding bike. It's a 2004 KTM 950 Adventure. I bought it last spring, rode it for the summer, did a few trips and I am now working on fixing it up a bit more to my liking. This is how it stands as of today.

2637879_l.JPG

Last year it did a trip up in Northern Quebec TRIP REPORT. Did the Trans Taiga Rd and a few other remote backroads. This year it's off to do the Trans Labrador Highway and the T'Rail across Newfoundland.

Recent modifications done
Wider foot pegs
Painted body
New GPS
Longer shift lever
Giant Loop Great Basin bag (replaced hard panniers)
Single low side exhaust
Black Dog skid plate (modified for exhaust)
and a few other bells and whistles

Modifications to come
Rear aluminum auxilary fuel tank (extra 8 liters)
Rear aluminum tank for oil and water storage
and a few other bells and whistles

I went threw several dual sport bikes before ending up with this one. Others were either to light for long distance riding or to heavy for offroading. This bike seems to be the perfect mix :ylsmoke:

2637880_l.JPG

Last edited:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i really like the white,,, good looking 9fiddy.

i went through a few bikes looking for "the one" like you did. turns out the only way to get it is to build it. so i have a just legal dirtbike and building from that, i'm not interested in long slab rides so it was an easier pick than yours. i like to base camp from the truck and explore big loops, or put together multi day big dirt mile rides with slab connections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears