Pictures of my new rack!

08whitex

Adventurer
Here are some pics of a roof rack that I just finished building for my X. I had it rhino lined. I have about $400 into it. Let me know what you think!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
looks HD! What does that sucka weigh? And why the Rhino instead f a powdercoat? Good job, looks right at home.

spunky2268

Adventurer
New Rack?!?!

I thought the pics would be of something entirely different! Shoulda known with the forum we're in... Very nice rack! Looks beefy. I'll bet you can stand on the thing. Any plans for a rooftop tent?

Spunky

jcbrandon

Explorer
"Nice rack!" could easily become the secret greeting ExPo members use to identify one another.

Nice rack.

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
Welcome aboard and Nice rack.

Would it be possible for you to provide some close up pics of the front mounts and how you connected them to your roof? Thanks.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
offroad_nomad said:
Welcome aboard and Nice rack.

Would it be possible for you to provide some close up pics of the front mounts and how you connected them to your roof? Thanks.

X2

miller_au

Adventurer
spunky2268 said:
I thought the pics would be of something entirely different! Shoulda known with the forum we're in... Very nice rack! Looks beefy. I'll bet you can stand on the thing. Any plans for a rooftop tent?

Spunky

haha me too! very nice set up tho, rhino lined was a good idea too!

08whitex

Adventurer
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I am going to be mounting 4 light force lights in the front and 2 hella work lights in the back. I had it rhino lined because it will hold up to anything and not chip. It weighs 98 pounds. I have had 3 people stand on this rack at the same time, it was over 500 pounds. I will try to post mounting pics tomorrow.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
08whitex said:
It weighs 98 pounds. I have had 3 people stand on this rack at the same time, it was over 500 pounds.

Sounds nice and very strong. Were the 3 guys on the roof, or when the rack was on the ground?

I'm interested in the mounts as well. I was going to suggest using a Yakima wind deflector or something, but since you'll be mounting lights, that wouldn't do any good. I like the "step" you put in the floor to match the roof.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
08whitex said:
I am going to be mounting 4 light force lights in the front and 2 hella work lights in the back.

One other thing, with all of that light up front, you might need to "black out" your hood because the light may reflect off it (white paint) and hit back at you while driving. It's not something a lot of people do because they don't always use the lights, but it can cut the glare really well.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
For a black out hood, you could talk to a vinyl wrap place (sign shop) and have them make a matte black section specifically for your hood, so if you ever wanted to remove it, you could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior