Pie Cutter Tires

M35A2

Tinkerer
I'm looking for 15" tires, 33" tall, but only 8 or 9 inches wide. I could go 9.5 or maybe even 10, but even 10" is more than I want.

I can find 33" tires 10.5" wide, but again, wider than I'd like.

Can anyone suggest a size and/or source?

BTW, the tires are for a 3500 lb vehicle. I would prefer to keep the 15" rims.

Texan1983

Adventurer
my suggestion would be to consider a 16" rim.

but last I checked BFG makes a 33x10.5 that is pretty common.

think superswamper makes an LTB 33x9.5r15...

M35A2

Tinkerer
Yes, there is a 10.5" option, but i want narrower.

I also do not want the expense of switching to a larger-diameter wheel.

I was thinking that there should be something, somewhere. Some 85- or 95-series tire perhaps?

The Super Swampers are $$$ and don't last long on paved roads, unfortunately.

snekvasil

Adventurer
Ever looked into firestone coker tires? check them out on Summit. Not sure if they offer in 15" diameter though.

Texan1983

Adventurer
unfortunately you are looking for something that ain't there bud...

I am a fan on narrow tires but at 33" 10.5" isn't that wide... what are you putting these on?

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
You might find something close if you go with a reproduction bias ply and pay $250\tire. Otherwise everything that skinny is shorter than you want.
215\85r16(30.5") 235\85r16(32")
30x9.5 15

M35A2

Tinkerer
I'm not motivated to get a specialty tire. I've been hoping there is a LT or other reasonably available commercial equivalent.

I would rather be 32" x 9" than 33 and 10.5. On a 15" rim. Does that open it up any?

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
You should mention what part of the world you will be using them on. What vehicle, lift amount off road ect. Is this a trail rig or daily driver or long street journey expo rig? Without details I can tell you I'd by an Interco tire because they make the size you want. I have a 34x 9.5 that I use as a spare. It's as tall as my 35 bfg Krawlers. I've used their other tires and like them all. You get what you pay for. Go to their site because it list height and tread width. They are great tires off road if you need a strong tire that won't pop. Be sure to look at ply and weight rating. You don't want an e rated tire on a light vehicle for example. Check the size and look at their blemish section for deals. http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=14&g=1

M35A2

Tinkerer
You should mention what part of the world you will be using them on. What vehicle, lift amount off road ect. Is this a trail rig or daily driver or long street journey expo rig? Without details I can tell you I'd by an Interco tire because they make the size you want. I have a 34x 9.5 that I use as a spare. It's as tall as my 35 bfg Krawlers. I've used their other tires and like them all. You get what you pay for. Go to their site because it list height and tread width. They are great tires off road if you need a strong tire that won't pop. Be sure to look at ply and weight rating. You don't want an e rated tire on a light vehicle for example. Check the size and look at their blemish section for deals. http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=14&g=1

I don't see the point of your questions as I am not asking for advice on what tire to select.

I've outlined my requirements and am simply looking for sources and/or equivalents.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I don't see the point of your questions as I am not asking for advice on what tire to select.

I've outlined my requirements and am simply looking for sources and/or equivalents.
Then go ask google. This is an Internet discussion forum. Sorry I helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger

Members online