Planar Portable Heater Hose/Duct Storage while Traveling

HWY395ghost

Any creative ideas on how to store portable Planar heater high temperature 3” air hose in a E250 camper van conversion (besides stuffing into a PVC pipe on the roof rack)? Any successful experience using a different brand of a more collapsible hose?

HWY395ghost

Fwiw,
The hose for my confined space heater/ventilator is compressed into a drawstring sleeve which is integrated with the hose.
The hose is just stuffed into the sleeve then its string pulled. The fixed end has a drawstring also which really dont need to use but helps keep out debris.
View attachment 768833
Looks like is stores nicely. I've read sometimes this type hose off-gases when heated. What's been your experince and brand?

rgallant

Adventurer
No they are not particularly insulated, but our use is very different from the short runs that are the intended use. I use a short run of stiff aluminum dryer duct and that stuff is almost too hot to touch when the heater is running full bore (5.4hz). I have not found anything better at a reasonable price as yet. But it collapses down well and is weatherproof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior