planning for a long ride

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
It's funny to me what some people think is packing light. Many of my bikepacking friends also travel by motorcycle. We pack so light on our bicycles that traveling by moto, even with something as simple as a Giant Loop bag, seems luxuriously overpacked.

I did a couple trips last summer with all of my camping gear in a simple tank bag. :) Including luxuries like a pillow, camp stove, water filter, tent, bag, pad....all in a Kriega US 20 tank bag. All of my cloths for a week as well a a laptop, were in another 20 tail bag. Pretty easy to do.

motorcyclenomad

Nice article! I get the "pack light" mentality, but why not just purchase a light weight pull behind motorcycle trailer? I enjoy having all of the things I need when on the road. There are trailers that allow enough space to carry enough gear for a two week trip. Just a thought.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
i realized that when i looked at the luggage that came with my Multistrada. The cases are enormous. I could easily travel with just the tail case for a fairly long time....the side cases i suppose would be good if i was 2-up....but otherwise takes me into glamping :p I'm not opposed to a little luxury these days, either....things like Helinox cots etc make for a really nice stay. ;)

KLRTim

Observer
Great Article

That was a great Article I have been traveling and camping for over 40 years now in 4x4 vehicles , standard cars and Motorbikes.
Just recently I have taken to Motorbike Adventure Riding in a Huge way. That Article ticked all the boxes for me .
Thank you for posting it :)

cheers From Tim down under Down under :bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12