Plastic tote bins with vertical sides?

llamalander

Ah, compared to the Sidocrates, toolboxes actually are a deal.
Milk crates with a plywood top are probably the cheapest thing out there though.
Whatever container you choose, coroplast sheets and landscape fabric staples make an excellent divider system that is quick to customize, durable and lightweight.

dstock

Explorer
I was going to recommend Sidio crates as well. I’m planning to integrate a couple into an 80/20 project I’m working on.
I just finished a dog bed platform in the back of our Ram and used 80/20 for the first time. It's overbuilt but I like the result and 2 full size Sidio crates fit perfectly underneath with room to spare.

i-P5b6ShH-M.jpg

dstock

Explorer
Ah, compared to the Sidocrates, toolboxes actually are a deal.
Milk crates with a plywood top are probably the cheapest thing out there though.
Whatever container you choose, coroplast sheets and landscape fabric staples make an excellent divider system that is quick to customize, durable and lightweight.
I looked at the Milwaukee Pack out crates, $49 and the cheapest lid they have is $29 and super clunky with a bunch of parts bins in it, great for nuts and bolts but not sure how great for camping. I do like the base plate attachment, but that's another $29, and I'd still have to make a lid that latches.

Everything is a trade off, and none of it is cheap!

I have seen the coroplast dividers and I do think that's a great way to go for custom dividers.

VanDominator13

Observer
I just finished a dog bed platform in the back of our Ram and used 80/20 for the first time. It's overbuilt but I like the result and 2 full size Sidio crates fit perfectly underneath with room to spare.

i-P5b6ShH-M.jpg

That’s awesome. I’m looking forward to getting started on my project.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Seriously, such is a disgrace to the sport and life of a true "overlander", first off, all this stuff is plastic, no true "overlander" would be caught dead using plastic containers.

They must be aircraft grade aluminum 501 or better, they must be lockable and be able to attach to variously approved roof rack systems, or be lockable to a frame system inside a vehicle. If the boxes are painted, that is acceptable in camo colors, otherwise they should polished or brushed to the metal finish.

Basically, if your storage box costs less than $250.00, you shouldn't admit owning on this forum. You should be able to justify your storage system costing at least $2,500 to even mention having a storage system on this forum!

I use canvas bags, so it doesn't matter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior