Plastic trim caps/inserts

hg1027

Not even quite sure if this is the place to post, but...

I'm thinking about drilling holes for some small lights in the hatch of my suburban (thread to be started tomorrow, I've had it 6 hours and ready to cut in to it...)

I would like to be able to hide those holes down the road when it comes time to sell/my plan doesn't work out/whatever.

I know I found some snap in plugs/caps to cover the holes I drilled for tweeter pods about 10 years ago, but I can't seem to google up what I'm looking for. Not even sure it was automotive, might have been made for electrical project boxes.

Ideally something ~gm interior tan, choice of sizes would be nice but ~1 inch should do it. I suppose I could paint something if I find black or white.

I feel like this is the sort of thing expeditioners would be all over, whether for changed minds or for occasional access to a wire (I'm also thinking of hiding an SAE plug behind one to connect roof lights for camping trips)

I'm sure these things are sitting on McMaster Carrs site just waiting for me to remember the key word...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman