Plowed in the rear, punted foward...

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Short version...
Traveling aprox 30mph.
Two cars collided in front of me.
I slam the brakes and I'm just about to stop 5 ft from the first two I got slammed in the rear.
I got punted into one of them.
No pains for anyone.
No citations...

Pictures sum it up.

2z70qc3.jpg

j9n6o1.jpg

Then...

jzcvhe.jpg

Total damage to my van, front bumper twisted and kinked in two places. But so little.

30act91.jpg

I'm not taking any action and the three ladies also.

Don't worry about sorrys... LOL.
I'm impressed how well the van can take and give HAHAHAHA!

(All stock bumpers)

P.S. anyone want to donate a matching front bumper? I'd really appreciate it :)

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Hmmm, perhaps God wants you to upgrade to an Aluminess or similar bumper, fore and aft. (Just trying to help the economy.)

:cool:

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I'd be pissed if I had some fancy big dollar bumpers on there getting all scratches and dents... lol

Hrmmm.... stash of front bumpers, I think I've got an idea hahha

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I had bought those lights when they were from truck-lite made by truck-lite... all I know is I'm very very happy with them.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I'm glad to see all are well, and it stood up to some rough treatment. I prefer to take the rig out in crappy weather... newer cars get written off way too easily. Deploy the airbag and they're done.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Newer cars are supposed to crumple on impact to protect the occupants, that's why they're so easy to bend around a real bumper lol
I purposely keep a shorty hitch and ball in the rear receiver to inflict as much damage as possible to those who want to kiss my bumper. Is it nice, no... But I'm not either hahaha
Besides, no one should be touching it ;)

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
These days, anything with a painted bumper is around 2K+ for a bumper. It's a bit ridiculous. Our other car is a Prius... I was at the wreckers, and most of them there were written of for very little damage. According to the wrecker, the going payout is around 5k. Even though it would be 10k plus to replace it with another. In the end you might do better, but the headache so wouldn't be worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998