pn-40 mounting question

mcgovski

Adventurer
I am looking for a way to mount an earthmate pn-40 gps unit to my mountain bike and my motorcycle...anyone using this gps and do you have any tips or products for mounting?

thanks

1speed

Explorer
I am looking for a way to mount an earthmate pn-40 gps unit to my mountain bike and my motorcycle...anyone using this gps and do you have any tips or products for mounting?

thanks

I'm using the Ram Mount.

P1190509.jpg

I ordered it from here. http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/ram-b-149z-del1.htm

grobinson

Adventurer
I've still yet to use it, and explore it's features. I actually picked it up at an REI garage sale for $25, and nothing is wrong with it!!!

I too have to get a mount for it, so I've been looking. Do you know if you can power it via usb through a cig lighter adapter, or do you have to order the special auto cable?

1speed

Explorer
Mine was great before it died. I sent it in last week and am expecting it back tomorrow. I had just gotten the map subscription before it quit working so I haven't used it to it's full extent yet. So far I like it a lot. I will be taking it with me to the Expo next month and will be using it exploring areas I am not familiar with so I will know more then.

mcgovski

Adventurer
usb power

I dont know if you can power that w/usb-cig lighter. Have you looked at the Lithion Ion travel pack for this unit...maybe that has a USB plug in???

opie

Explorer
I got one that replaced a 60csx. The selling point for me was the ability to use color aerial imagery as the back drop.

So far its pretty user friendly. I can punch buttons and navigate my way through menus without having to look at it.

The only issue I have is its ability to acquire a signal. Cold it takes, IMO, far to long. And when it finally does get a fix, it will start out around 13-17', then expand out to 40-50' for about 30-45 minutes before it starts closing the accuracy. All the while I can have anywhere from 4 to 12 satellites with very strong signals.

And to stay on topic...Ive been using RAM mounts for years. Very high quality and mine has never fallen off. Windshield suction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998