Point Five Ambo Build

cjken

Explorer
Cool find.
Unfortunately I have no time for a project currently.

That is a 96 so it really needs a PSD the IDI is pre 94 I believe.
It looks like that truck could be had cheaply if someone has the inclination.

cjken

Explorer
Hey Pat.
Interested in seeing what you go with camera wise. I may follow your lead this summer. That 4 cam system that you posted looks cool. It seems worth the cost to get quality cameras and a nice bright screen.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Ken, I figured I would just buy a new truck with a system already in it, and not have to worry about installing one! ???

Seriously though, it's be a while before I get to installing cameras on the camper, but I do need something on my truck ASAP. I'm thinking I could figure out what monitor I need and go ahead and get that, along with one camera for the back. This way I could see the hitch and help me hook up by myself.

rlrenz

Explorer
Pat, I'm going to use Rear View Safety equipment with two rear cameras. One aimed as a rear view camera, and the other aimed to include the hitch. My plan is for the rear view to be the default camera, and switch to the hitch-view when the vehicle is in reverse.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Big red came with 2 cameras. I was going to pull the inside camera and put it out the back for the hitch/motorcycle rack. But the one one the back now has a wide enough field of view to keep an eye on the motorcycle.

So before you go breaking out the wallet for a second camera I suggest you see if one will do.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Clouds Are No Problem for New Bacteria-Powered Solar Panels

"Researchers at the University of British Columbia have developed a new kind of solar cell that can convert sunlight into electricity, but instead of using electronics like most solar cells, this particular invention relies on bacteria."

"...the photosynthetic chemicals used by the E. coli in the solar cell work just as well in low light as in bright, direct sunlight, meaning they can still generate plenty of electricity on cloudy days."

See the rest: https://www.popularmechanics.com/sc...paign=socialflowFBPOP&utm_medium=social-media

rlrenz

Explorer
Big red came with 2 cameras. I was going to pull the inside camera and put it out the back for the hitch/motorcycle rack. But the one one the back now has a wide enough field of view to keep an eye on the motorcycle.

So before you go breaking out the wallet for a second camera I suggest you see if one will do.
Thanks for the idea! Instead of buying a dual rear camera package, I'll try a single camera first. I can always add a second camera if I need to.

Coachgeo

Explorer
... New Bacteria-Powered Solar Panels

"Researchers at the University of British Columbia have developed a new kind of solar cell ....instead of using electronics like most solar cells, this particular invention relies on bacteria."... photosynthetic chemicals used by the E. coli in the solar cell ...
just don't eat on it, touch it, breath nearby and you will be fine... lol .

While improved solar is great we need Improved/new BATTERIES / power store devices

eporter

Adventurer
Wow, there's a whole lot going on with that graphic. I dig the stars & stripes everywhere, but the tombstone on the side is a little creepy for an ambulance, and all the war machines might trigger some vets PTSD as he's getting wheeled into the box. Wonder what's on the back?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior