Pop-up Camper Expedition Prep

rockandroll

Adventurer
Gents,

I recently wrote an article that covers the basics on preparing a pop-up camper for expedition travel. Much of the info used was harvested from this very website, so it may be a bit obvious to this crowd, but I thought it would be useful for the beginners.

http://panamnotes.com/2011/04/pop-up-camper-expedition-prep/

While I wrote about preparing my Palomino, the list of modifications will apply to most any pop-up camper.

Any feedback is welcomed. I'll be writing a post soon on our experiences with it on the road. A few spoilers: Torklift front tie-downs make a huge difference in handling (over happijac). Water intrusion = bad.

phird05

Great info and story. I look forward to hearing more. The only mod I have done to my camper.....not really the camper, but I switched out the old style aluminum turnbuckles and chains for the XL spring loaded turnbuckles. What a nice change. They are so easy to tighten and keep tight. I also ditched the bumper buttons and installed rear Torklift tie downs to the OEM receiver hitch and truck frame. I didn't like the way the bumper moved while on rough roads. So, now I have Torklift tie downs all around and the springloaded turnbuckles. Couldn't be happier.

Keep us posted and safe travels!

Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78