pop up camper for a jeep

I was reading a 4 wheel drive magazine and saw lots of old campers for scouts and others even an old pop up camper for a short bed bronco early model I was wondering if anyone has tried to find one of these and modify to fit a jeep jk. seems like it would be doable just a thought

JDaPP

Adventurer
I was recently looking at the jeep as a truck. Looking at gr8t tops who has a jku truck conversion kit it looks like you only get ~51" of bed length and both atc and 4wheel campers are both longer than that (I am assuming the older ones are similar length). Also you would have to cut/remove the rollbar. If you figure out away please post up as I would be interested in what you figure out.

the wasp

Observer
Do you know these: http://gazell.de/kabinen/gazell-jk-kit-/index.html
Unfortunately in German. Looks interesting.
Stefan

I like the look of this removable KIT without drilling and without any modifs of the vehicle, and his light weight(80kg to 180kg depending on the version).
.It's perfectly integrated with the JEEP.
B.B.F(Gazell.Fr) is a French company.Its production is in Poland.Retailers in Switzerland , Germany, Austria , Belgium , Netherlands and Poland

*BBF will be present at the expo Overland in Flagstaff, AZ, May 20-22-2016

http://www.gazell.fr/assets/Price-list-Gazell-JK-Jeep.pdf

KevinsMap

Adventurer
I like the look of this removable KIT without drilling and without any modifs of the vehicle, and his light weight(80kg to 180kg depending on the version).
B.B.F(Gazell.Fr) is a French company.Its production is in Poland.Retailers in Switzerland , Germany, Austria , Belgium , Netherlands and Poland

:) Now, that is great news. I will be at the show, and will certainly be looking at this product with great interest.

Septu

Explorer

Not sure how removeable or easy that kit is... because it looks like they've extended the rear of the jeep (behind the gas tank) and altered the rollbars.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I don't think they have modified the roll bar - the rear extension just makes it look that way.

I think its a good design with a lot of benefits - similar to the ursa-minor but with more room and, especially, looks like there is stand-up room at the rear with the upper bed still in place. Nice.

big476582a56210441061.jpg

Last edited:

KevinsMap

Adventurer
I don't think they have modified the roll bar - the rear extension just makes it look that way.

I think its a good design with a lot of benefits - similar to the ursa-minor but with more room and, especially, looks like there is stand-up room at the rear with the upper bed still in place. Nice.
You can see that you are correct; a careful look at the interior pics shows the rollbar in its stock position, surrounded by soft storage (and a tin of Jack Daniel ;-)

Alt Concepts - 2b - Gazell.fr - JEEP-CAMPER-IN-10-1024x768.jpg

The price list shows this kit (is it ?) is definitely not cheap - from 11,400 to 18,200 Euro. But it does a whole lot with really impressive packaging efficiency, including standing room, sitting room in a basic galley for waiting out lousy weather with hot food... and an indoor head (if necessary... I'd add an awning and take the portable outside ;-)

Availability and Build Quality; those are going to be some of my top interests at Overland Expo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78