pop up camper needs some love

Motafinga

Adventurer
On mine (northstar T1000 in a service body on a Fuso FG) I put a piece of angle iron across the service body at the front of the camper and bolted it to the jack attachment points. Since I also have bed room in front of the camper I also put eye bolts in the steel channel at the bottom of the camper and in the bottom of the bed and bolted them together. At the back I chained the jack mounts to the bumper at the outside and also used eye bolts from the steel channel to the bumper again resulting in 8 attachment points total. I may have some pictures of those mounts somewhere in the Fuso forum. But with service bodies you have to be creative. I had to raise up the bed of the service body since it was too deep to accept the camper.

I'd be very interested to see pics of this as I am in the home stretch of fitting an Alaskan camper in a service bed on my F250 and the jury is still out on how I'll do the tie down points.
Thanks!
Jeff

RYOUNG

Observer
Sorry but I dont have a build thread. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have or take some pics of something you would like to see. We just returned from a 3500 mile trip and the whole set up did great.

eb1fe1bfafc6bbf6aff61849b1010c4f.jpg

Not many updates lately got the rack off and I have been working on the boxes added led lights and each cabinet is on a pressure switch so they individually come on added voltage gauge for rear batteries and 1500 watt inverter. Added Baja Designs lights with SDHQ brackets on the A Pillars

pardon me for such a newb question but how to you wire this thing so that the interior lights work? I have auxiliary batteries in the service bed that the truck charges while driving. I will have 110v hooked up some times while running the ac but I was hopping to run 12v for interior lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998