Pop up on full time????

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Mine's been on 24/7. Seven yrs on my '99 Dodge and six more on my current Dodge. It does come off for a few weeks once a year for service.
My suspension,clutch and tires are geared for the camper.
I must admit that the truck is really more fun to drive minus it.
We use it so frequently,I just leave it on.

ExpoMike

Ours is kept on 99% of the time. Only comes off if I need to do maintenance on the truck or camper that I can't do with them together. At the same time ours is not used for anything else outside a camp rig.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Full time here. I got the shackle reversal and Atlas springs that lifted the truck 5 inches. The springs are designed specifically for the weight of the camper and gear. I will have to extend my jacks to get it off now. Plans are for a flatbed so it will come off for that.

camper101

Observer
Full time on my daily driver. Although I probably work from home 3-4 days per week.

No problems (Eagle/Tacoma). I just park a few extra steps away from wherever I'm going because I'd be sad if something got dinged.

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
Mines on pretty much full time. Only off when I need to use the truck to haul something then it goes right back on.

Kowboy

Adventurer
I agree with pappawheely, design the truck to handle the load and then leave the load on there.

I carry the camper jacks layin' in the back floor of the trucks extended cab in case of some unforeseen issue and I gotta remove the camper some day. If I had a home, I'd just chunk 'em in the garage.

I leave my four wheel on my taco full time and havent had any issues. I Agree with Kowboy. Just make the susepension is built for the weight and grip it and rip it!

foster

rotti

Adventurer
You guys that are leaving them on all the time using air bags or any other upgrades to help out?

Nope nothing added and absolutely no need.
But I do have a newer 3/4 ton truck. Those with 1/2 tons usually have to do some suspension mods.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I have a '92 F350 with a pop-up. Since it stays on all the time I had custom Atlas springs built for the weight of my truck with the camper. It rides awesome with no overload and progressive spring packs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12