Portable Kitchens for us RTT guys

Cody1771

Explorer
Hey guys, been toying with the idea of making a light weight portable fold up kitchen that i can chuck in the back of my truck and easily unload and set up with 2 people. id want something that i could build a colmen type stove into and some storage for a few plates, bowls, knives forks, cooking utencils ect ect ect. im not to worried about storing pots as i have one of those sets the fit into each other and have a nice little stuff sack for them. ive seen a few pictures of some in the background in other threads. is there anything thats manufactured thats not flimsy and pretty rugged?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I got a decent one from Walmart last year. It's a Coleman. Pretty nice setup, packs nice and compact. See if they still have them available.

dyogim

Explorer
Don't have a RTT but, I'm ordering the following setup:

9922-750_500.jpg

2183-840_500.JPG

Cody1771

Explorer
The only thing i meant by that is the lack of a kitchen built into a camper or motorhome ect. i wanted something i could just slide into my truck and pull out and quickly set up at a campsite. ive always just used my tailgate but i want something more now

Crookthumb

Adventurer
How about a Pelican Case with padded dividers and lid organizer. You can store all of your equipment in a watertight case then all you need is a table. There are several fold-up/roll-up tables. Find one that fits your size requirements.

I have a Pelican 1650 with the padded divider. I can fit my Coleman stove, cutting board, fry pan, utensils, bowls, plates, and fuel inside it. The padded divider keeps things organized and holds the items in place. Then I have a Coleman camp table. I can use the Pelican case as an extra seat or prep surface if needed. It might not be the most extravagant setup but it stores easily and is fairly easy to move around.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
dyogim, that is the EXACT setup I have. Both the stove and the kitchen. The only thing I don't like about the kitchen is the counter surface is a less durable than I'd like.

dyogim

Explorer
dyogim, that is the EXACT setup I have. Both the stove and the kitchen. The only thing I don't like about the kitchen is the counter surface is a less durable than I'd like.

I have that coleman stove/grill and love it!

Good to hear some feedback. For the counter surface, not too worried, I usally bring a foldable 4' table when camping to help with that.

stumptaco - great set-up. The only thing that concerns me is how much space it takes in the vehicle. Otherwise, very functional and shweet set-up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman