portable propane BBQ?

old_CWO

Weber Go Anywhere gas grill. Looks like the cheap $20 sunbeam black tabletop grills but much better quality and has the "flavorizer bars" that minimize flare ups. I struggled with low flame on mine until I discovered the regulator had an adjusting screw hidden under a sticker - a couple of turns and bingo! It will now sear steaks no problem when on high.

I find the rectangle size/shape is more convenient to pack than the (superior) Weber Q series grills.

chet6.7

Explorer
Weber Go Anywhere gas grill. Looks like the cheap $20 sunbeam black tabletop grills but much better quality and has the "flavorizer bars" that minimize flare ups. I struggled with low flame on mine until I discovered the regulator had an adjusting screw hidden under a sticker - a couple of turns and bingo! It will now sear steaks no problem when on high.

I find the rectangle size/shape is more convenient to pack than the (superior) Weber Q series grills.

How old is you grill? I was just looking at Amazon,it seems Weber has cheapened the grill,no flavorizer bars.
I will look for a sticker on my Q,it is close to worthless.

STREGA

Explorer
I use a campchef single burner with a grill box. Breaks down to a fairly small size, cooks meat well and can boil water or fry bacon in a pan as well so it's versatile. Spent about $150 on it at Sportsman wherehouse, it's about the same price on Amazon.

old_CWO

How old is you grill? I was just looking at Amazon,it seems Weber has cheapened the grill,no flavorizer bars.

I have had mine for about 12 years and admittedly haven't looked at them lately. I guess it makes sense they are of lower quality now given how they have been doing the same with other product lines. Sad.

On my little Go Anywhere grill, the regulator adjusting screw was under the sticker in the center of the knob. Perhaps yours is as well. Giving that a couple of twists and using a bulk tank made a huge difference in the performance of mine.

CSG

Explorer

What do you mean that your Q is close to worthless?

chet6.7

Explorer
It does not get very hot,forget about searing a steak,some people do the mod below.I will give it a try one of these days. I bought a bigger Weber three burner(with the knobs in the front) and I notice it does not get as hot as the older Weber three burner(knobs on the side) that it replaced. IMO,Weber is going down hill,the grill I bought in the 90's was great,the newer grills are a disappointment.

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
I picked up a Cabelas branded one last year. $100. Works pretty good. Gets super hot. Had some points to use. Much better than my old wally world grill or my brothers coleman.

old_CWO

IMO,Weber is going down hill,the grill I bought in the 90's was great,the newer grills are a disappointment.

This man speaks truth; find a clean used Weber Silver C grill and treat it like a vintage FJ40 - use as intended but maintain properly!

tatanka48

i've enjoyed the service and durability of MAGMA grills

we replaced the 1st one because we needed the larger model not due to any issues

their target audience it the boating world which is why they're stainless and a bit on the pricy side

T

highdesertranger

Adventurer
I have a MAGMA cook set and if there grills are made to the same standards I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. their cook set is A-one, high quality. highdesertranger

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Q...and done. :cool:

We use the smallest Weber Q as well. The one we got came with a fold up cart. But the stripped small version would be great. The nice thing about it it takes 1 pound disposable cylinders. For the cost to refill a 20 pounder when I forget to turn off the burner or a leak I can buy a whole bag of 1 pounders. I like to run it to cook off the grease sometimes so if I forget it's on. It only kills a 1 pounder that was probably half gone anyway. We ditched the big one at the house and it's all we use now. The Q grill is the favorite at Glamis and those guys with the huge class A motorhomes have every flavor of grill. On low it cooks chicken absolutely perfect. On high steaks are perfect. Med is burgers. It cooks absolutely 100% perfect every time. You could not give me any other grill on the market and could never give me anything but one that takes 1 pounders. This thing is amazing.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have had a Kuuma LPG portable marine BBQ for about 8 years. It works pretty wekk, with the only real issue being flare ups are not uncommon. Other that that, it works great. Makes good heat and it packs up pretty small. The only actual issue I have had with it... the lid is only 1 layer, so the stainless has discoloured over the years. Minor detail as I bought it to cook with and not to look at.

https://www.kuumaproducts.com/160

Dickinson Marine also makes amazing Sea-B-Q BBQ's that are stellar but spendy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears