Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
after adding a homemade plywood cover this summer, preparing for a camping trip to the NE kingdom of VT

loren85022

Explorer
2013-07-06 18.57.31.jpg
I finally finished creating a build thread for my DIY trailer. This photo is still the background of my phone. Its our summer trip to Utah and Colorado. I just sat and enjoyed an amazing evening as she cooked up some great grub. We enjoyed a bazillion stars that evening. That trailer keeps us grounded. And it keeps us dreaming.

tdittyrocks

Observer
Nice lid for the trailer too - got any close ups or drawings? Been thinking I'd do one out of wood someday.

It's just a steel frame welded up with 1" sq. tube. I used 1/2" plywood for the skin. I covered the exterior with epoxy resin to seal and give it a smooth finish for paint. The wood is bolted to the frame from the inside out with t-lock nuts.

Pccruiser

Observer
It's just a steel frame welded up with 1" sq. tube. I used 1/2" plywood for the skin. I covered the exterior with epoxy resin to seal and give it a smooth finish for paint. The wood is bolted to the frame from the inside out with t-lock nuts.

Do you have any pictures of the T-nuts? I was planning on doing a wood lid but playing with with welding a steel one as well. This is the perfect solution IMHO.

How much resin did you need? I am assuming not as much as you would were you doing a table top per square foot. Wouldn't need it as thick.

Last edited:

tdittyrocks

Observer
Do you have any pictures of the T-nuts? I was planning on doing a wood lid but playing with with welding a steel one as well. This is the perfect solution IMHO.

How much resin did you need? I am assuming not as much as you would were you doing a table top per square foot. Wouldn't need it as thick.

I don't have a picture of the exact ones I used. I picked them up at a Home Depot. I used some that accept 1/4" bolts. Insert the t nut from the outside and thread the bolt through the frame from the inside. I applied fiberglass resin about 1/16" at the thickest point. It really didn't take very much for that thickness. Here is a general pic of t nuts.T-NUT-EVOr.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior