Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Early morning shot of the rig camped near the top of the old Inyo Salt Tram -

1029078282_JPGAu-L.jpg

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Every time I see your trailer I think "Hey, that's a pretty cool setup".

I've been meaning to ask you - how did you do the rack for the boat? Are the supports welded/bolted to the trailer frame or are they removable with a receiver/pin type setup? In the third image it appears that it may be fixed in place and not removable?

I have an 11RT (tent trailer) and am looking for ideas since I need the clearance on top and at either end for the tent to deploy.

TIA

Runt

Adventurer
Hello
Yes it is bolted to the frame. It’s all removable, even the rear tire carrier is bolted on. The trailer weighs in around 1,500 lbs dry. Loaded up with a massive gear list for four, food for two weeks, BBQ, chainsaw, solar panels, 4 flats of beer, 22 gallons of water, 14 gallons of fuel, bike rack with four mountain bikes, 15 hp out board, 16’ aluminum boat it weighed in at 2,834 lbs. The FJ Cruiser pulls it well. However my Fj is running 4:56 gears which make a HUGH difference. The trailer does very well due to the suspension. Some fairly long 3,500 lb springs and OEM FJ shocks help allot. Only complaint is the sides are easily punctured by branches and tree tops. Brush is thick up here and most roads are completely over grown in just a few years with thick Alder & Willow. This trailer does not suite my aggressive explorative personality for this reason alone. Other than that its great!

nat

Adventurer
Here's my setup. My 1972 Toyota FJ55 Landcruiser and my M101A2 trailer.

Attachments

• FJ55-Trailer_2260.jpg
    FJ55-Trailer_2260.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 290
  • FJ55-Trailer_water crossing.jpg
    FJ55-Trailer_water crossing.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 289

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Maiden voyage of the ROAM..

photo-44.jpg
[/IMG]

roamd.jpg
[/IMG]

roamh.jpg
[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bugnout

Adventurer
New to me Fleetwood Neon. Towing it home last weekend
1052540253_xg5BS-L.jpg

Tried it out this weekend.
1052544275_PtSFq-L-1.jpg

1052541754_2g6m4-L.jpg

1052541085_HrUMg-L.jpg

I plan on doing a spring-over conversion and matching wheels and tires to the Jeep.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
A pic of My Libby with my new off-road trailer on Old Dale rd/ Gold Crown rd just outside Joshua Tree Nat'l Park this last weekend. I still have a few things to put on the Jeep and the trailer before they're both done (Isn't that always the scenario?!:ylsmoke:).

The trailer was built by a guy just north of Victorville, CA out of his home shop. Really well built and a hell of a price. The Jeep was built by a bunch of guys out of Toledo, OH who can't get window regulators to work properly.:coffeedrink:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78