Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

dft

Here's some pictures of my "Two TJ's and Trailer Frame". It's a work in progress. I have plans for tube fenders that run the entire length of the body, Jerry can holders and I've seen some great ideas for my small propane tank. It needs to maintain the ability carry the kids SUP's and our Canoe.
uploadfromtaptalk1426437230994.jpg

Here's a pic all loaded up for last summers offroading/camping trip. The balance was way off, with the bike rack on the back. So this year I will be making some adjustments which include mounting a full size spare to the tailgate at the tongue and possibly a bike rack mount on the tongue.
IMG_20140718_165127.jpg

Last edited:

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
pyrate said:
I'm always sort of surprised this isn't done more. The expedition trailers are such the trend yet the we spend $$$ on them. Is there a reason we don't see more wrecked trucks w/ the tail end turned into expedition trailer? Is it because it makes us think of some of the less than fashionable rigs of the days past?

I agree. I guess it depends on all the needs, that and truck beds can be just in poor shape from use and age. Mine the floor and front panel were needing of replacing, more likely attributing it to the plastic bed liner, but an relatively easy fix. Then most are all against using the stock truck axle and would go a lighter weight trailer axle.

Anyway, here's mine. My favorite pics cause she's finally in rolling for it's been about a week.

JwUAPzd.jpg

QNvxv11.jpg

Demo1986

Observer
I agree. I guess it depends on all the needs, that and truck beds can be just in poor shape from use and age. Mine the floor and front panel were needing of replacing, more likely attributing it to the plastic bed liner, but an relatively easy fix. Then most are all against using the stock truck axle and would go a lighter weight trailer axle.

Anyway, here's mine. My favorite pics cause she's finally in rolling for it's been about a week.

JwUAPzd.jpg

QNvxv11.jpg

Looks awesome man! Does your trailer tip back when it's standing alone? Mine has that issue so I went ahead and bought a steel McWelco box for more tongue weight.

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
Oh absolutely! She's definitely tail heavy. This is just a starting point, but where the tire is located on the front (there's another spare underneath in the "factory location") there will be a storage box. I'm also keeping the OEM fuel tank, but it has yet to be installed. I'm currently working on cleaning that up but the trailer's frame crossbar will have to be moved up and a second one put on (was suppose to be but didn't happen), but that will also get installed like original except be pushed up a bit since I had a "body lift" done for the bed. On the other side, since there's room with of course no exhaust, I want to do a water tank. There'll be batteries there too; my current thought for placement is 3, but that could always change. There's a bit To-Do list, but I'm not going to into debt for this project, just do it as I can an can afford. Those will probably wait since I'm trying to get the actuator setup to lift up the cover, along with the racking, that will raise the tonneau cover and also properly support my RTT, all done for a May24 camping trip. I'm working on folding legs for the corners. Get the standard available style but make extensions since I need a good 30-32 inches. That will do for the moment, to replace the jack stand that's currently holding up her butt, until she gets more balanced out with time.

Did you also use the 2wire-3wire converter to seperate the signal lights on the trailer?

Last edited:

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
Oh, not that much, less than 100lbs. I've got some rough math and she should be pretty balanced out all said and done.

K2ZJ

Explorer
How much weight do you need up front so the trailer rides right? I have read that 60/40 is about right.

Yes, that is the standard. Going only by lbs you don't account for how large the trailer is. 100lbs on the off road trailers we are discussing here seems about right.

139617d1336454547-just-bought-big-trailer-towing-tips-imag0491.jpg-.jpg

100lbs on this setup would be a horrible tow! But too much can lead to a horrible tow as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78