Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

jonesw3

Adventurer
532fd922dcdca774452c4720b7460109.jpg

Alabama Overland

RockyMtn303

Dusting off the trailer to head to Utah, looking at pics from last year.

920FDEBD-183E-45C5-9EE4-583807F47E95_zpspeq6ydif.jpg

B7012A69-9458-47AE-85B9-151612BE5F74_zpsfdiee4og.jpg

149D89DC-663F-4CCF-A2F1-528D8877A938_zpsihajnzqr.jpg

837CD76E-F789-4686-B322-FF9136AB83C3_zpsc4hk72n6.jpg

Too soon to be excited for Telluride, Ouray and Silverton, but it's on my mind.

IMG_0465_zpsizydhkkz.jpg

andytruck

Observer
Since the Van is basically a 4x4 bed (lift and store full size pillow top) I built the trailer into a towable kitchen. Has 150qt cooler, 20 gal water tank, stove, bbq, dishes and dry goods.

I have never seen a jack used like that. Great! I just had to stare at it for a little to let it sink in. I must find a way to do that with my camper.
What… explain more this wonder….

andytruck

Observer
I have a similar sized cargo trailer as this that I have to carry. Was thinking of maybe bigger tires and a lift like this one. How technical of off-loading can this handle? My truck is very capable, but the trailer would hold me back…

Just a few pictures from our first outing of the year. Enjoy...

Heading out:

All set up:

mightymo

Observer
Took the family on the first "official" camping trip this past August. We (myself, wife, and two boys 9 & 11) camped at PJ Hoffmaster State Park near Muskegon, MI. We had a great time! Vacations prior to this consisted of renting homes along Lake Michigan's shoreline, that too was a blast but the cost was ridiculous so we decided to try the camping thing. We are hooked, well…. myself and the boys are hooked, the wife is almost there…. Now I want to do it bigger and better!! Original trailer (second pic) did the job with tarps but couldn't keep the water out at 60 mph as well as not being big enough so I bought the M1101 a few weeks ago to replace it. I am researching so I can build the perfect trailer for my needs. I would like to utilize the trailer to do everything from hauling firewood to being a moderate adventure rig. First mod will be adding a water tight/removable top. I have my older brother CAD designing one for me now. Looking forward to what he comes up with…… Thanks everyone for the inspiration there are some impressive trailers on this site!!

View attachment 318274View attachment 318275

Sweet. How well does the 4Runner pull the M1101 -- those are pretty heavy trailers right?

stretch2121

New to the show, just had to throw my new trailer in the mix Just came back from a shake down trip to DV. Aired down she ran sweet...it was awesome getting way back in the boonies, on some pretty sporty trails and taking everything I wanted / needed including plenty of firewood and keeping my Jeep interior reserved for off road gear.

For me a trailer made sense, built it myself and cost less than a darn roof rack...those things are pricey! Trailer is very light, but built tough with a beefy frame and axle that I can drag over rocks...I don't even know its back there heading down the road. I put a 2" receiver on the back of the trailer and can mount a standard car hitch rack if more storage is needed (or a bike rack). One mistake is the wheel lug pattern does not match the rig, so I have to carry a trailer spare (laying flat inside the trailer). Also, I dig the T&G wood siding, but not a good choice for a wet climate as the T&G seams did not seal completely. I live in SoCal so this was not a big deal, along with a lid as this just adds more weight and prevents loading gear above the rim.

Kept the cost down with refurbished junk yard rims ($20 / ea) and used tires with plenty of tread from a tire store ($30 / ea). A RTT would be an awesome addition, but that will need to wait a while.

Trailer Pic III.jpg
Trailer pic II.JPG

yotes65

Observer
My current set up... an 1966 M416 Trailer with Tepui's XL Ruggedized RTT. Changing Tent setup here in a few weeks and will be modifying the trailer set up a bit. Switching out to a Tepui Gran Sabana Ruggedized RTT... need the annex for my 3 rescue pup's. :wings:

20151019_091315_HDR_zpsiujbn1or.jpg

20151019_074652_HDR_zpsejylpeec.jpg

20151018_154849_HDR_zpskonhxp4c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears