Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Tear-drop

Hi Mike,

I just framed the door and skinned it with aluminum just like the rest of the trailer. Installed the window and hinged it at the top with a "hurricane hinge" made for teardrop trailers. If you need any other info. just let me know.

Brad

Nice trailer. My neighbor just finished building his over the course of a year. He used plans from the internet and his floor is 3/4" Marine-grade plywood. Under this the floor, he used 2" of sterofoam and then 1/8th birch-plywood to insulate it, sandwiching the sterofoam between the width of the trailer's frame. He ran all the wiring thru first then sealed it all keeping it water and dust tight. Clean and smooth underneath-less drag.

apsilon

Observer
Only my favourite because it's my first. Finally picked up my new trailer last weekend and snapped this on the way home.

hitched.jpg

apsilon

Observer
Got some more pics of that? We don't have much like that in the US.

Not yet. I don't have room to set it up at home but plan on getting out in the next few weeks and will take plenty of pics and probably a walkthrough video.

Only other one I have ATM is the basic canvas section set up in a mates backyard where I stayed the night before heading home.

tvan1.jpg

indiedog

Adventurer
Apsilon, glad to see you finally got a trailer! :wings: Great stuff. So you went for a Tvan and didn't build??

apsilon

Observer
Yeah the build was never going to happen, I just don't have the time. The Tvan is a significantly more expensive option so while my back account suffered greatly, it is an awesome option for me. I can now start using what little spare time I have getting out and enjoying it and I can set it up alone without worrying about having someone hold a pole while I put a rope in etc. Thew new Mk III build pushed the decision over the finish line. Ordered it about 7 months ago so happy to finally have it.

How's your project going?

spressomon

Expedition Leader
A couple shots from a quick trip last week...

Attachments

• DSC_4831.jpg
    DSC_4831.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_4832.jpg
    DSC_4832.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 138

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger